Simulation Learning System for Health Assessment, 1st Edition
Simulations - SLS
The Simulation Learning System (SLS) for Health Assessment is an online toolkit designed to help you effectively incorporate simulation into your nursing curriculum. Unlike other SLS products, which have relied solely upon human patient simulators, SLS for Health Assessment centers on 12 fully developed, standardized patients. The 50 simulation scenarios included all revolve around one of these 12 standardized patients, enabling students to assess the patient (in both an inpatient and outpatient setting), document findings, and provide an SBAR hand-off report. If your program is looking to enhance the clinical assessment skills of students at all levels — reinforce their classroom knowledge base, bridge the gap between lecture and clinicals, and offer remediation — then look no further than Elsevier’s Simulation Learning System (SLS) for Health Assessment.
- SimChart EHR houses all the patient records, giving you meaningful experience working with electronic health records.
- Modularized course format includes reading assignments and page references from all three of Elsevier’s health assessment textbooks (Jarvis, Wilson, and Ball), along with the Canadian edition of Jarvis, to help you tie together classroom and clinical learning.
- Skills drills offer additional opportunities to practice and master core skills prior to simulation. Each skills drill also includes a documentation component, giving even you more experience working with EHRs.
- Simulation scenarios revolve around one of the 12 core patients "residing" in the SLS, and will give you meaningful experience assessing pain, nutrition, and health issues surrounding the neurological, musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, respiratory, and sensory body systems.
- Learning resources include reading assignments from the textbooks; pre-simulation exercises, patient data, and quizzes; multimedia resources; and post-simulation exercises and quizzes.
This product is available in the following formats: