Joint Mobilization/Manipulation - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Clear, step-by-step guidelines show how to perform Physical Therapy procedures! Joint Mobilization/Manipulation: Extremity and Spinal Techniques, 3rd Edition is the go-to resource for evidence-based Interventions treating conditions of the spine and extremities. New full-color photos and illustrations show detail with added realism, and 192 online videos demonstrate the major techniques described in the book. Current, complete information ranges from the principles of examination and evaluation to making effective manual therapy interventions.
- Illustrated descriptions of joint mobilizations make procedures easy to understand and then perform.
- Unique focus on spine and extremities provides an all-in-one resource for essential information.
- Contraindications, precautions, and indications are included for each joint mobilization to reinforce clinical decision-making.
- Clearly labeled photos show the direction of force for each therapy technique.
- Evidence-based information at the beginning of each chapter provides the latest research and rationales for specific procedures.
- Cervical Spine chapter includes mobilization techniques such as Paris cervical gliding, Grade V (thrust), and muscle energy.
- Guidelines to the examination of joint play of the spine include current, evidence-based research.
- Coverage of osteokinematic and arthrokinematic motion, and degrees of freedom, provides perspective on the body planes.
- 23 NEW videos demonstrate each step of manual therapy techniques.
- NEW full-color photos and illustrations show techniques with a higher degree of clarity and realism.
- NEW mobilization and manipulation techniques include step-by-step videos for each.
- UPDATED research makes this book the most current, evidence-based text available on manual therapy of the spine and extremities.
2. Principles of Examination, Evaluation and Intervention
The Appendicular Skeletal System
3. The Shoulder
4. The Elbow
5. The Wrist and Hand
6. The Hip
7. The Knee and Lower Leg
8. The Ankle and Foot
The Axillary Skeletal System
9. Introduction to the Axillary Skeletal System
10. The Temporomandibular Joint
11. The Cervical Spine
12. The Thoracic Spine
13. The Lumbar Spine
14. The Pelvic Joints
Susan L. Edmond, PT, DSC, OCS