Study Guide for Anatomy & Physiology, 9th Edition
Give your students some extra help mastering basic anatomy with this engaging and interactive study guide! Providing a variety of chapter activities and questions, — including crossword puzzles, word scrambles, and multiple choice, true-false, labeling, matching, and application— Study Guide for Anatomy & Physiology, 9th Edition reinforces learning and helps students apply anatomy and physiology concepts. The guide also contains detailed information on how to achieve good grades, how to read the accompanying textbook, and how to use visual memory as a learning tool.
- More than 1,200 review questions cover multiple choice, matching, true-false, fill-in-the-blank, and completion formats.
- Mind tester activities include crossword puzzles, word scrambles, and more to make the process of learning basic anatomy and physiology more engaging.
- Apply What You Know sections encourage critical thinking and application of core content.
- Did You Know sections cover factual tidbits that will interest users.
- Topics for review tell the reader what to review in the textbook prior to beginning the exercises in the study guide.
- Answer key containing all the answers to study guide questions is located in the back of the guide.
- NEW! Modified chapter structure reflects the new organization of chapters in the Patton 9th Edition main text.
UNIT ONE: The Body as a Whole 1. Organization of the Body 2. Homeostasis 3. Chemistry of Life 4. Biomolecules 5. Cell Structure 6. Cell Function 7. Cell Growth and Development 8. Introduction to Tissues 9. Tissue Types
UNIT TWO: Support and Movement 10. Skin 11. Skeletal Tissues 12. Axial Skeleton 13. Appendicular Skeleton 14. Articulations 15. Axial Muscles 16. Appendicular Muscles 17. Muscle Contraction
UNIT THREE: Communication, Control, and Integration 18. Nervous System Cells 19. Nerve Signaling 20. Central Nervous System 21. Peripheral Nervous System 22. Autonomic Nervous System 23. Physiology of Sensation 24. Special Senses 25. Endocrine Regulation 26. Endocrine Glands
UNIT FOUR: Transportation and Defense 27. Blood 28. Heart 29. Blood Vessels 30. Circulation of Blood 31. Lymphatic System 32. Innate Immunity 33. Adaptive Immunity 34. Stress
UNIT FIVE: Respiration, Nutrition and Excretion 35. Respiratory Tract 36. Ventilation 37. Gas Exchange and Transport 38. Upper Digestive Tract 39. Lower Digestive Tract 40. Digestion and Absorption 41. Nutrition and Metabolism 42. Urinary System 43. Fluid and Electrolyte Balance 44. Acid-Base Balance
UNIT SIX: Reproduction and Development 45. Male Reproductive System 46. Female Reproductive System 47. Growth and Development 48. Genetics and Heredity Answer Key
Linda Swisher, RN, EdD and Kevin T. Patton, PhD, Professor Emeritus, Life Sciences,St. Charles Community College Cottleville, MO Professor of Human Anatomy & Physiology Instruction (HAPI adjunct) Northeast College of Health Sciences Seneca Falls, NY