The Electronic Health Record for the Physician's Office with SimChart for the Medical Office - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 1st Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Give your students realistic, hands-on practice performing the EHR tasks required of a medical assistant with DeVore’s The Electronic Health Record for the Physician's Office. Now with full integration of SimChart for the Medical Office, this text walks your students through all of the basics of EHR including implementation, troubleshooting, HIPAA compliance, and submitting claims for reimbursement. Plus, by utilizing SimChart for the Medical Office, your students will gain realistic practice entering patient data into an EHR and mastering all the administrative, clinical, and billing/coding skills needed to gain certification and succeed on the job.
- An introduction to the electronic health record includes the fundamentals of the EHR through a guided tour of SimChart for the Medical Office, which gives you the opportunity to apply and practice skills in administrative, clinical, and billing/coding tasks.
- A work-text format allows you to practice concepts immediately after reading about them.
- Key terms at the beginning of each chapter help you gain familiarity with common terms and acronyms.
- EHR applications using SCMO are incorporated into six of the eight chapters, for realistic, hands-on experience.
- Trends and Applications feature uses real-life examples to show how EHRs are being used to improve health care today, and how they may be used in the future.
- Easing the Transition feature helps in handling issues related to the paper/electronic conversion.
- Security Checkpoints explore issues related to EHR security and patient privacy, calling attention to areas that may require heightened awareness.
- Critical Thinking exercises help you develop skills in decision making.
- Chapter review activities emphasize important points with true/false questions, a key terms review, and workplace applications.
- A direct, conversational writing style makes the content engaging and easy to understand.
1. Introduction to Electronic Health Records
2. Overview of SimChart for the Medical Office
3. Privacy, Confidentiality, and Security
4. Implementing Electronic Health Records
5. Administrative Use of the Electronic Health Record
6. Clinical Use of the Electronic Health Record
7. Using the Electronic Health Record for Reimbursement
8. The Personal Health Record
Amy DeVore, CMA(AAMA), CPC, MSTD, CEHRS