Pass PCCN! - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 1st Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
From the author of the bestselling Pass CCRN! and Pass CEN!, Pass PCCN! applies Dennison's time-tested approach to the Progressive Care Nursing Certification exam and follows the latest PCCN exam test plan, with one or more chapters for each section of the exam. This new review book features a thorough review in narrative format for each chapter — and covers all the content your students need, including content unique to the PCCN, to master the PCCN exam. Learning Activities interspersed throughout the book, as well as more than 900 review questions on the companion Evolve website, are geared toward candidates for progressive care nursing certification and offer valuable test-taking experience.
- Content follows the latest PCCN test plan to ensure you have the most current information for exam preparation.
- Companion Evolve website with more than 900 multiple-choice review questions, available in Study Mode or Exam Mode, lets you self-test online.
- UNIQUE! Learning Activities provide fun and stimulating ways to learn critical concepts, such as crossword puzzles, matching and fill-in-the-blank questions.
- Case studies, consisting of patient scenarios and associated learning activities, stimulate critical thinking and promote application of knowledge.
- Appendices include common abbreviations and acronyms, laboratory values, formulas, hemodynamic monitoring essentials, and a dysrhythmias reference (including etiology, criteria, significance, and management), so you can quickly reference important information when studying for the PCCN examination.
1. Preparing for and Performing on the PCCN Examination
2. Professional Caring and Ethical Practice
3. The Cardiovascular System
4. The Pulmonary System
5. The Renal System
6. The Gastrointestinal System
7. The Endocrine System
8. The Hematologic and Immunologic Systems
9. The Neurologic System
A. Dysrhythmias: Etiology, Criteria, Significance, and Management
B. Hemodynamic Parameters, Methods of Measurement, and Normal Values
C. Common Abbreviations and Acronyms Used in Progressive Care Nursing
D. Normal Laboratory Values
E. Formulae Significant to Progressive Care Nursing
Robin Donohoe Dennison, DNP, CNE, NEA-BC, NPD-BC, Educator, Consultant, Author, Saint Augustine, Florida and Kathleen Farrell, DNSc, APRN, ACNP, CCNS, CCRN