Pathophysiology Online for Understanding Pathophysiology, 6th Edition
Pathophysiology Online for Understanding Pathophysiology, 6th Edition is a collection of 16 online modules developed by learning experts to boost students’ understanding of complex pathophysiology subjects such as immunology or the endocrine system. Designed to complement Huether’s Understanding Pathophysiology, 6th Edition textbook, this unique online courses uses animations, interactive activities, case studies, online testing, open discussion boards, and various multimedia learning aids to make the process of mastering textbook material fun and engaging for students.
- High-quality images illustrate difficult concepts and key clinical presentations of disease processes for all body systems.
- Outlines for each module provide a complete overview of content to help you quickly and conveniently navigate through the course.
- Objectives highlight the most important material for each module.
- Further Exploration sections after every pre-test help you review content before moving ahead.
- Guided reading assignments from the Huether Understanding Pathophysiology textbook make learning and review more effective by focusing reading on the most vital content.
- Case studies develop your critical thinking skills and help you apply what you’ve learned to real-world situations.
- Pre-tests for every module allow you to evaluate your knowledge of normal structure and function and help you assess areas for further study.
- Module exams measure your progress after each completed module.
- Engaging activities and exercises challenge you to think critically about key aspects of pathophysiology.
- Unique high-level animations help you visualize complex pathophysiologic processes.
- Structured discussion topics allow you to interact and collaborate with other students.
- Immediate feedback for all activities ensures you learn the correct answers and identify areas for additional practice.
- New animations and algorithms cover cancer, diastolic dysfunction, hepatitis, autoimmune thyroid disease, and more.
1. Genetics and Genetic Diseases
2. Altered Cellular and Tissue Biology
3. Fluids and Electrolytes, Acids, and Bases
4. Innate Defenses: Inflammation
5. Adaptive Immunity
6. Hypersensitivities, Infection, and Immune Deficiencies
7. Biology of Cancer and Tumor Spread
a. Part I: Biology of Cancer
b. Part II: Cancer Epidemiology, Clinical Manifestations, and Treatment
8. Alterations of Neurologic Function
9. Alterations of Hormonal Regulation
10. Alterations of Hematologic Function
11. Alterations of Cardiovascular Function
a. Part I
b. Part II
12. Alterations of Pulmonary Function
13. Alterations of Renal and Urinary Tract Infection
14. Alterations of Reproductive Systems
15. Alterations of Digestive Function
16. Alterations in Musculoskeletal Function
Sue E. Huether, RN, PhD, Professor Emeritus, College of Nursing, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT and Kathryn L. McCance, RN, PhD, Professor, College of Nursing, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
This product is available in the following formats: