Workbook for Textbook of Radiographic Positioning and Related Anatomy - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 8th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Corresponding to the chapters in Bontrager and Lampignano’s Textbook of Radiographic Positioning and Related Anatomy, 8th Edition, this practical workbook offers a wide variety of exercises to help students learn radiographic positioning and produce quality radiographs. It challenges students with situation-based questions, film critique questions, laboratory activities, and self-evaluation tests.
- A wide variety of exercises include questions on anatomy, positioning critique, and image evaluation, with answers at the end of the workbook.
- Chapter competencies are formatted as a set of tasks that you should be able to perform after working through the material.
- Situational questions describe clinical scenarios, then ask you to apply your knowledge to real-life examples.
- Film critique questions prepare you to evaluate the quality of radiographs and ask what positioning corrections need to be made to improve the image.
- Laboratory exercises provide hands-on experience as you perform radiographs using phantoms, evaluate the images, and practice positioning.
- Self-tests at the ends of chapters help you assess your learning with multiple choice, labeling, short answer, and true/false questions.
- Updated content matches the revisions to the textbook.
- Stronger focus on computed and digital radiography in questions includes images from the newest equipment.
- Expanded coverage of computed tomography reflects changes in practice.
- Terminology, Positioning and Imaging Principles
- Upper Limb
- Humerus and Shoulder Girdle
- Lower Limb
- Femur and Pelvic Girdle
- Cervical and Thoracic Spine
- Lumbar Spine, Sacrum, and Coccyx
- Bony Thorax, Sternum, and Ribs
- Cranium, Facial Bones and Paranasal Sinuses
- Biliary Tract and Upper Gastrointestinal System
- Lower Gastrointestinal System
- Urinary System and Venipuncture
- Trauma, Mobile, and Surgical Radiography
- Pediatric Radiography
- Angiography and Interventional Procedures
- Computed Tomography
- Special Radiographic Procedures
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Modalities
Kenneth L. Bontrager, MA, RT(R), Kenneth L. Bontrager, MA, RT(R) and John Lampignano, MEd, RT(R) (CT), Retired Director Gateway Community College Phoenix, Arizona Visiting Professor Boise State University Boise, Idaho