Clinical Skills: Oncology Collection, 1st Edition
Clinical Skills Online
Clinical Skills: Oncology Collection gives your students a consistent, 360-degree look at more than 70 of the most important oncology nursing skills. Each skill in this collection features a consistent seven-part framework to guide students through all aspects of the skill. From detailed animations that demonstrate each step of the skill to an extended text that gives a comprehensive skill overview, your students will walk away with a firm understanding of how to properly perform each skill before they ever step foot in the clinical environment. Best of all, this remarkable web-based training product includes competency checklists for each skill to help you easily keep tabs on your students’ progress.
- Convenient web-based program utilizes the same professional format that practicing nurses use to train.
- Consistent, competency-based format for learning skills offers a standardized way for you to learn and perform skills. Most skills feature the same types of skill learning tools to help you obtain a more holistic understanding of the skill and standard QSEN nursing competencies.
- Quick sheet provides a concise, step-by-step summary of the skill.
- Extended text offers an in-depth look at all aspects of the skill. Subjects addressed in the extended text section include:
- Safety alerts
- Patient and family education
- Delegation opportunities
- Monitoring and care
- Expected and unexpected outcomes
- Documentation guidelines
- Special gerontologic, pediatric, and home care considerations
- Evidence-based references
- Additional reading suggestions
- Equipment list helps to familiarize you with each piece of equipment needed to perform the skill.
- Demonstration animations visually guide you through every necessary step involved in the skill.
- Images and illustrations highlight crucial procedures, equipment, and documents involved in the skill.
- Competency tests with rationales help you review and evaluate your understanding of the skill.
- Printable evaluation checklists help you measure and track various skill competencies.
- Continually updated, evidence-based content is reviewed and revised annually by clinical skills experts to reflect changes in practice as they arise.
CLINICAL SKILLS: ONCOLOGY COLLECTION
Acute Graft-Versus-Host Disease Management Advance Directive DiscussionAlopecia ManagementAnemia ManagementAnorexia and Cachexia Management Antineoplastic Drug Administration: Education for Safe Handling in the HomeAntineoplastic Drug Administration: IntraoperativeAntineoplastic Drug Administration: Intraperitoneal Antineoplastic Drug Administration: Intrathecal Antineoplastic Drug Administration: Oral Antineoplastic Drug Administration: Oral Therapy EducationAntineoplastic Drug Administration: Pretreatment Assessment, Initial and Subsequent Cycles Antineoplastic Drug Administration: Pretreatment Verification Antineoplastic Drug Administration: Vesicant and Irritant Agents Antineoplastic Therapy: Dermatologic Adverse Events Management Antineoplastic Therapy: Late or Long-Term Effects Education Antineoplastic Therapy: Oral Adherence EducationAntineoplastic Therapy: Sexual Adverse Effects Management Bowel Obstruction ManagementCancer Detection Guidelines Education Cardiac Tamponade ManagementCardiac Toxicity ManagementCentral Venous Catheter: Infection PreventionChemotherapy-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy ManagementClinical Trials EducationComplementary, Alternative, and Integrative Therapies Constipation ManagementContainment of Hazardous Medication SpillsDepression ManagementDiarrhea ManagementDisseminated Intravascular Coagulation (DIC) ManagementDistress Management for Patients Newly Diagnosed with Cancer and Their Families Dysphagia ManagementDyspnea ManagementEnd-Of-Life DiscussionsEsophagitis ManagementFatigue ManagementFebrile Neutropenia ManagementGenetic Pedigree Education Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome ManagementHepatotoxicity ManagementHiccups ManagementHot Flashes ManagementHypercalcemia of Malignancy ManagementHypersensitivity Reactions ManagementHyperuricemia ManagementInfection ManagementInfection Prevention for Patients with Neutropenia Lymphedema ManagementMalignant Pleural Effusion ManagementMucositis ManagementNausea and Vomiting ManagementNeurocognitive Dysfunction ManagementNoisy Respirations at End of Life: Management Ocular Toxicity ManagementOral Compliance of Chemotherapy, Biotherapy, and Hormonal AgentsOsteoporosis ManagementPain Management Primary Cancer Prevention Education Pulmonary Toxicity ManagementRadiation Pneumonitis ManagementRadiation Therapy AssessmentRadiation Therapy Education Safe Handling of Hazardous MedicationsSexual Alterations ManagementSpinal Cord Compression ManagementSuperior Vena Cava Syndrome ManagementSurvivorship ManagementSyndrome of Inappropriate Antidiuretic Hormone (SIADH) ManagementTargeted Therapies and Immunotherapy: General Principles Thrombocytopenia ManagementThrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura ManagementTumor Lysis Syndrome ManagementVenous Thromboembolism ManagementXerostomia Management
This product is available in the following formats: