Clinical Skills: Neonatal Collection
Clinical Skills Online
Clinical Skills: Neonatal Collection gives your students a consistent, 360-degree look at more than 55 of the most important neonatal nursing skills. Each skill in this collection features a consistent seven-part framework to guide students through all aspects of the skill. From detailed animations that demonstrate each step of the skill to an extended text that gives a comprehensive skill overview, your students will walk away with a firm understanding of how to properly perform each skill before they ever step foot in the clinical environment. Best of all, this remarkable web-based training product includes competency checklists for each skill to help you easily keep tabs on your students’ progress.
- Convenient web-based program utilizes the same professional format that practicing nurses use to train.
- Consistent, competency-based format for learning skills gives your nursing program a standardized way to teach, perform, and evaluate skills across the curriculum. Most skills feature the same types of skill learning tools to help students obtain a more holistic understanding of the skill and the standard QSEN nursing competencies.
- Quick sheet provides a concise, step-by-step summary of the skill.
- Extended text gives students a 360-degree look at all aspects of the skill. Subjects addressed in the extended text section include:
- Safety alerts
- Patient and family education
- Delegation opportunities
- Monitoring and care
- Expected and unexpected outcomes
- Documentation guidelines
- Special gerontologic, pediatric, and home care considerations
- Evidence-based references
- Additional reading suggestions
- Equipment list helps to familiarize students with each piece of equipment needed to perform the skill.
- Demonstration animations visually guide students through every necessary step involved in the skill.
- Images and illustrations highlight crucial procedures, equipment, and documents involved in the skill.
- Competency tests with rationales help students review and evaluate their understanding of the skill.
- Printable evaluation checklists enable students and faculty to measure and track various skill competencies.
- Up-to-date, evidence-based content is reviewed and revised annually by clinical skills experts to reflect changes in practice as they arise.
56 Neonatal Nursing Skills
Abstinence Scoring Admission Assessment Bathing: Sponge and Immersion Blood Specimen Collection: Venipuncture Breast Milk: Collection, Storage, and Administration Central Venous Catheter: Blood Sampling Central Venous Catheter: Insertion and Removal Central Venous Catheter: Site Care Chest Tube Insertion Chest Tube Insertion Pigtail Catheter: Advanced Practice Chest Tube Insertion: Advanced Practice Chest Tube Removal Chest Tube Removal: Advanced Practice Chest Tube: Closed Drainage System Delivery Room Assessment and Stabilization of the Preterm Infant Developmental Care Endotracheal Tube Extubation Endotracheal Tube Intubation: Advanced Practice Endotracheal Tube Intubation: Assisting Endotracheal Tube: Closed Suctioning Endotracheal Tube: Open Suctioning Endotracheal Tube: Securing Endotracheal Tube: Skin and Oral Care Exchange Transfusions Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Eye Examinations Feeding Tube: Enteral Nutrition Heel Stick Intravenous Therapy: Line Insertion Lumbar Puncture Lumbar Puncture: Advanced Practice Mechanical Ventilation Needle Thoracostomy: Advanced Practice Ostomy Care Pain Assessment and Management Patent Ductus Arteriosus Ligation Peripheral Arterial Line Placement: Advanced Practice Peripheral Arterial Lines Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter Peritoneal Dialysis Positioning Pulse Oximetry Radial Artery Puncture Skin Assessment Skin-to-Skin Contact Specimen Collection from Urinary Bladder Aspiration: Advanced Practice Thermoregulation: Delivery Room Care, Radiant Warmers, and Double-Walled Incubators Thoracentesis: Advanced Practice Umbilical Vessel Catheter Insertion: Advanced Practice Umbilical Vessel Catheter: Drawing Blood Umbilical Vessel Catheter: Removal Umbilical Vessel Catheter: Securing Umbilical Vessel Catheter: Use of Double Lumen Catheter Urine Specimen: Female Catheterization Urine Specimen: Male Catheterization Ventilation: CPAP, NIPPV, and HFNC
This product is available in the following formats: