Clinical Skills: Neonatal Collection, 1st Edition
Clinical Skills Online
Clinical Skills: Neonatal Collection gives your students a consistent, 360-degree look at more than 55 of the most important neonatal nursing skills. Each skill in this collection features a consistent seven-part framework to guide students through all aspects of the skill. From detailed animations that demonstrate each step of the skill to an extended text that gives a comprehensive skill overview, your students will walk away with a firm understanding of how to properly perform each skill before they ever step foot in the clinical environment. Best of all, this remarkable web-based training product includes competency checklists for each skill to help you easily keep tabs on your students’ progress.
- Convenient web-based program utilizes the same professional format that practicing nurses use to train.
- Consistent, competency-based format for learning skills offers a standardized way for you to learn and perform skills. Most skills feature the same types of skill learning tools to help you obtain a more holistic understanding of the skill and standard QSEN nursing competencies.
- Quick sheet provides a concise, step-by-step summary of the skill.
- Extended text offers an in-depth look at all aspects of the skill. Subjects addressed in the extended text section include:
- Safety alerts
- Patient and family education
- Delegation opportunities
- Monitoring and care
- Expected and unexpected outcomes
- Documentation guidelines
- Special gerontologic, pediatric, and home care considerations
- Evidence-based references
- Additional reading suggestions
- Equipment list helps to familiarize you with each piece of equipment needed to perform the skill.
- Demonstration animations visually guide you through every necessary step involved in the skill.
- Images and illustrations highlight crucial procedures, equipment, and documents involved in the skill.
- Competency tests with rationales help you review and evaluate your understanding of the skill.
- Printable evaluation checklists help you measure and track various skill competencies.
- Continually updated, evidence-based content is reviewed and revised annually by clinical skills experts to reflect changes in practice as they arise.
CLINICAL SKILLS: NEONATAL COLLECTION
Abstinence ScoringAdmission AssessmentAmplitude-Integrated Electroencephalogram - NEWAssessment: Weight, Length, and Head Circumference - NEWBathingBlood Product Administration (Neonatal)Blood Specimen Collection: VenipunctureBreast Milk: Collection, Storage, and AdministrationCentral Venous Catheter: Blood SamplingCentral Venous Catheter: Insertion and RemovalCentral Venous Catheter: Maintenance and Dressing ChangeChest Tube InsertionChest Tube Insertion Pigtail Catheter: Advanced Practice Chest Tube Insertion: Advanced PracticeChest Tube RemovalChest Tube Removal: Advanced PracticeChest Tube: Closed Drainage SystemDelivery Room Assessment and Stabilization of the Preterm InfantDevelopmental CareEndotracheal Tube ExtubationEndotracheal Tube Intubation: Advanced PracticeEndotracheal Tube Intubation: AssistingEndotracheal Tube: Closed SuctioningEndotracheal Tube: Open SuctioningEndotracheal Tube: SecuringEndotracheal Tube: Skin and Oral CareExchange TransfusionsExtracorporeal Membrane OxygenationEye ExaminationsFeeding Tube: Enteral NutritionHeel StickIntravenous Therapy: Line InsertionLumbar PunctureLumbar Puncture: Advanced PracticeMechanical VentilationNeedle Thoracostomy: Advanced PracticeOstomy CarePain Assessment and ManagementPatent Ductus Arteriosus LigationPeripheral Arterial Line Placement: Advanced PracticePeripheral Arterial LinesPeripherally Inserted Central CatheterPeritoneal DialysisPositioningPulse OximetryRadial Artery PunctureSafe Sleep Practices Education - NEWSkin AssessmentSkin-to-Skin ContactSpecimen Collection from Urinary Bladder Aspiration: Advanced PracticeTargeted Temperature Management - NEWThermoregulation: Delivery Room Care, Radiant Warmers, and Double-Walled IncubatorsThoracentesis: Advanced PracticeUmbilical Vessel Catheter Insertion: Advanced PracticeUmbilical Vessel Catheter: Drawing BloodUmbilical Vessel Catheter: RemovalUmbilical Vessel Catheter: Securing, Care, and ManagementUrine Specimen: Female CatheterizationUrine Specimen: Male CatheterizationVentilation: CPAP, NIPPV, and HFNC
This product is available in the following formats: