Clinical Skills: Maternal Newborn Collection (Access Card), 1st Edition
Clinical Skills Online - Access Card
Clinical Skills: Maternal Newborn Collection gives your students a consistent, 360-degree look at more than 100 of the most important maternal newborn nursing skills. Each skill in this collection features a consistent seven-part framework to guide students through all aspects of the skill. From detailed animations that demonstrate each step of the skill to an extended text that gives a comprehensive skill overview, your students will walk away with a firm understanding of how to properly perform each skill before they ever step foot in the clinical environment. Best of all, this remarkable web-based training product includes competency checklists for each skill to help you easily keep tabs on your students’ progress.
- Convenient web-based program utilizes the same professional format that practicing nurses use to train.
- Consistent, competency-based format for learning skills offers a standardized way for you to learn and perform skills. Most skills feature the same types of skill learning tools to help you obtain a more holistic understanding of the skill and standard QSEN nursing competencies.
- Quick sheet provides a concise, step-by-step summary of the skill.
- Extended text offers an in-depth look at all aspects of the skill. Subjects addressed in the extended text section include:
- Safety alerts
- Patient and family education
- Delegation opportunities
- Monitoring and care
- Expected and unexpected outcomes
- Documentation guidelines
- Special gerontologic, pediatric, and home care considerations
- Evidence-based references
- Additional reading suggestions
- Equipment list helps familiarize you with each piece of equipment needed to perform the skill.
- Demonstration animations visually guide you through every necessary step involved in the skill.
- Images and illustrations highlight crucial procedures, equipment, and documents involved in the skill.
- Competency tests with rationales help you review and evaluate your understanding of the skill.
- Printable evaluation checklists help you measure and track various skill competencies.
- Up-to-date, evidence-based content is reviewed and revised annually by clinical skills experts to reflect changes in practice as they arise.
103 Maternal Newborn Nursing Skills
Abdominal Wall Defect: Initial CareAbnormal Presentation DeliveryAdmission Assessment: NewbornAdmission Assessment: Obstetric PatientsAmniocentesisAmnioinfusionApgar ScoreApnea Monitor EducationArtificial Rupture of MembranesArtificial Rupture of Membranes: Advanced PracticeAssessment: Postpartum PatientsAssessment: Rupture of Amniotic MembranesBereavement Support and Delivery of a Nonviable FetusBetamethasoneBilirubin Meter: Irradiance MeasuringBilirubin Meter: Transcutaneous MonitoringBiophysical ProfileBirthing BedBreastfeeding EducationBulb SyringeCalcium Gluconate: Obstetric PatientsCardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR): Obstetric PatientsCervical CerclageCervical CultureCervical Ripening and Labor Induction: Mechanical Methods: Advanced PracticeCervical Ripening with Dinoprostone (Cervidil)Cesarean Delivery: CirculatingCesarean Delivery: EmergencyCesarean Delivery: Patient PreparationCesarean Delivery: Recovery CareChorionic Villus Sampling (CVS)CircumcisionCircumcision CareContraction Stress TestCord CareCoronavirus: Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Management Deep Tendon ReflexesDefibrillation of Obstetric PatientsDelivery Preparation for Multiple GestationsDelivery Room PreparationDilation and CurettageEphedrineEpidural Blood PatchEpidural Catheter InsertionEpidural Catheter RemovalExternal Cephalic VersionExternal Fetal Monitor ApplicationEye ProphylaxisFall and Drop Prevention for the NewbornFetal Blood TransfusionFetal Fibronectin TestFetal Heart Rate: Assessment via Intermittent Auscultation and Electronic MonitorFetal Heart Rate: InterpretationFetal Spiral Electrode ApplicationForceps DeliveryFormula FeedingFundal MassageGestational Age AssessmentHead Circumference MeasurementHepatitis B ImmunoprophylaxisHydralazineHypertensive Disorders of PregnancyInitial Assessment: High-Risk Obstetric PatientsInitial Assessment: NewbornInitial Assessment: Obstetric PatientsInsulin: Obstetric PatientsIntrauterine Pressure Catheter PlacementLabetalolLaboring Patients: Nursing CareLeopold's ManeuversMagnesium SulfateMetabolic ScreeningMethyldopaMisoprostolNewborn BathNewborn Car Seat SafetyNewborn Care EducationNewborn ScreeningNewborn SecurityNifedipineNitrous OxideNonstress TestOxygen HoodOxytocinPercutaneous Umbilical Blood Sampling (PUBS)Perineal PreparationPhototherapyPhototherapy BlanketPostpartum HemorrhagePrecipitous DeliveryProlapsed CordRho(D) Immune GlobulinSeizure Precautions for Hypertensive Disorders and EpilepsyShoulder DystociaSpina Bifida: Initial CareSterile Speculum ExaminationSterile Vaginal ExaminationTerbutalineUltrasoundUterine Contractions: External MonitoringUterine Contractions: Manual PalpationVacuum Extraction DeliveryVaginal Birth After Cesarean DeliveryVaginal DeliveryVitamin K