Clinical Skills: Maternal Newborn Collection (Access Card), 1st Edition
Clinical Skills Online - Access Card
Clinical Skills: Maternal Newborn Collection gives your students a consistent, 360-degree look at more than 95 of the most important maternal newborn nursing skills. Each skill in this collection features a consistent seven-part framework to guide students through all aspects of the skill. From detailed animations that demonstrate each step of the skill to an extended text that gives a comprehensive skill overview, your students will walk away with a firm understanding of how to properly perform each skill before they ever step foot in the clinical environment. Best of all, this remarkable web-based training product includes competency checklists for each skill to help you easily keep tabs on your students’ progress.
- Convenient web-based program utilizes the same professional format that practicing nurses use to train.
- Consistent, competency-based format for learning skills offers a standardized way for you to learn and perform skills. Most skills feature the same types of skill learning tools to help you obtain a more holistic understanding of the skill and standard QSEN nursing competencies.
- Quick sheet provides a concise, step-by-step summary of the skill.
- Extended text offers an in-depth look at all aspects of the skill. Subjects addressed in the extended text section include:
- Safety alerts
- Patient and family education
- Delegation opportunities
- Monitoring and care
- Expected and unexpected outcomes
- Documentation guidelines
- Special gerontologic, pediatric, and home care considerations
- Evidence-based references
- Additional reading suggestions
- Equipment list helps familiarize you with each piece of equipment needed to perform the skill.
- Demonstration animations visually guide you through every necessary step involved in the skill.
- Images and illustrations highlight crucial procedures, equipment, and documents involved in the skill.
- Competency tests with rationales help you review and evaluate your understanding of the skill.
- Printable evaluation checklists help you measure and track various skill competencies.
- Up-to-date, evidence-based content is reviewed and revised annually by clinical skills experts to reflect changes in practice as they arise.
103 Maternal Newborn Nursing Skills
Abdominal Wall Defect: Initial Care Abnormal Presentation Delivery Admission Assessment: Newborn Admission Assessment: Obstetric Patients Amniocentesis Amnioinfusion Apgar Score Apnea Monitor Education Artificial Rupture of Membranes Artificial Rupture of Membranes: Advanced Practice Assessment: Postpartum Patients Assessment: Rupture of Amniotic Membranes Bereavement Support and Delivery of a Nonviable Fetus Betamethasone Bilirubin Meter: Irradiance Measuring Bilirubin Meter: Transcutaneous Monitoring Biophysical Profile Birthing Bed Breastfeeding Education Bulb Syringe Calcium Gluconate: Obstetric Patients Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR): Obstetric Patients Cervical Cerclage Cervical Culture Cervical Ripening and Labor Induction: Mechanical Methods: Advanced Practice Cervical Ripening with Dinoprostone (Cervidil) Cesarean Delivery: Circulating Cesarean Delivery: Emergency Cesarean Delivery: Patient Preparation Cesarean Delivery: Recovery Care Chorionic Villus Sampling (CVS) Circumcision Circumcision Care Contraction Stress Test Cord Care Coronavirus: Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Management Deep Tendon Reflexes Defibrillation of Obstetric Patients Delivery Preparation for Multiple Gestations Delivery Room Preparation Dilation and Curettage Ephedrine Epidural Blood Patch Epidural Catheter Insertion Epidural Catheter Removal External Cephalic Version External Fetal Monitor Application Eye Prophylaxis Fall and Drop Prevention for the Newborn Fetal Blood Transfusion Fetal Fibronectin Test Fetal Heart Rate: Assessment via Intermittent Auscultation and Electronic Monitor Fetal Heart Rate: Interpretation Fetal Spiral Electrode Application Forceps Delivery Formula Feeding Fundal Massage Gestational Age Assessment Head Circumference Measurement Hepatitis B Immunoprophylaxis Hydralazine Hypertensive Disorders of Pregnancy Initial Assessment: High-Risk Obstetric Patients Initial Assessment: Newborn Initial Assessment: Obstetric Patients Insulin: Obstetric Patients Intrauterine Pressure Catheter Placement Labetalol Laboring Patients: Nursing Care Leopold's Maneuvers Magnesium Sulfate Metabolic Screening Methyldopa Misoprostol Newborn Bath Newborn Car Seat Safety Newborn Care Education Newborn Screening Newborn Security Nifedipine Nitrous Oxide Nonstress Test Oxygen Hood Oxytocin Percutaneous Umbilical Blood Sampling (PUBS) Perineal Preparation Phototherapy Phototherapy Blanket Postpartum Hemorrhage Precipitous Delivery Prolapsed Cord Rho(D) Immune Globulin Seizure Precautions for Hypertensive Disorders and Epilepsy Shoulder Dystocia Spina Bifida: Initial Care Sterile Speculum Examination Sterile Vaginal Examination Terbutaline Ultrasound Uterine Contractions: External Monitoring Uterine Contractions: Manual Palpation Vacuum Extraction Delivery Vaginal Birth After Cesarean Delivery Vaginal Delivery Vitamin K