SimChart for the Medical Office: Learning the Medical Office Workflow - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource & SimChart for the Medical Office (Access Cards), 1st Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Guide your students through each step of each SimChart for the Medical Office assignment! A companion text to SimChart for the Medical Office, Learning the Medical Office Workflow provides clear, step-by-step instructions to all of the medical assisting simulations in SimChart for the Medical Office. In completing these tasks, students will get more than 50 hours of practice with performing tasks to address essential ABHES and CAAHEP competencies — that’s more practice than any other electronic health record education tool on the market. Using screen shots and best practices, this procedure manual makes it easier for students to work through SimChart for the Medical Office tasks and assignments.
- 110 interactive assignments are aligned with ABHES and CAAHEP competencies, from front office skills to clinical skills to practice management skills — providing more than 50 hours of documentation practice.
- Hands-on practice makes it easier to learn core competencies, with tasks simulating the real-world administrative duties of the medical assistant.
- Integration of practice management and EHR offers training with practice management skills such as patient registration, scheduling, office management, and insurance processing as well as EHR skills such as patient record documentation and written orders.
- Simulation instructions and screen shots are provided with each assignment to guide you through each step of the tasks.
- TruCode medical encoder allows you to look up ICD/CPT/HCPCS codes electronically for case study assignments.
- Intuitive and realistic learning environment provides a safe classroom environment in which you can develop key documentation skills.
Unit 1: Navigating SimChart for the Medical Office
About SimChart for the Medical Office
Unit 2: Front Office
Unit 3: Clinical Care
Unit 4: Coding & Billing
Appendix: Showcasing Experience and Portfolio Tips