Pharmacology Online for Pharmacology, 9th Edition
Improve your understanding of nursing pharmacology with Pharmacology Online, 9th Edition. Corresponding to Pharmacology: A Patient-Centered Nursing Process Approach, 9th Edition, this online course features a collection of interactive, self-paced learning modules that make it easier to learn everything from basic principles to dosage calculation, drug administration, and more — all within context of the nursing process. These self-study modules feature true-to-life case studies, videos, animations, NCLEX® Examination–style quizzes, and more to help you understand how drugs work and how to administer them safely in the clinical setting.
Duration for access to this product is for the life of the edition.
- 21 Self-study modules provide a thorough review of the basic principles of pharmacology, drug dosage calculations, and several major drug content areas using a combination of media: text, animations, illustrations, integrated learning activities, and dynamic hyperlinks.
- Interactive learning activities provide review of critical drug content in game-like activity format.
- Practice quizzes for the NCLEX Examination feature approximately 500 self-scoring questions with rationales.
- Case studies with corresponding quizzes use true-to-life clinical scenarios to promote "learning by doing" in the safety of a virtual clinical setting.
- Discussion questions develop your knowledge of clinical practice by asking you to apply your learning to scenarios like those you will encounter in practice.
- Animations and videos foster easier learning of difficult pharmacology topics.
- Roadside Assistance video clips incorporated into modules use humor and analogy to bring difficult content to life.
- Audio glossary presents a definition and an audio pronunciation for more than 1,400 terms and drug names.
- NEW! Updated content matches the chapters in Pharmacology: A Patient-Centered Nursing Process Approach, 9th Edition, and reflects major new drugs, new drug classes, new therapeutic uses, and discontinued drugs.
- NEW! Updated online drug handbook reflects the content of the 2017 Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook and provides hands-on practice in consulting an up-to-date drug reference for clinical decision-making.
Unit 1: Introduction to Pharmacology
Unit 2: Pharmacotherapy and Drug Administration
Unit 3: Maintenance of Homeostasis
Unit 4: Autonomic Nervous System Drugs
Unit 5: Central and Peripheral Nervous System Drugs
Unit 6: Mental and Behavioral Health Drugs
Unit 7: Pain and Inflammation Management Drugs
Unit 8: Antimicrobial Drugs
Unit 9: Immunologic Drugs
Unit 10: Antineoplastics and Biologic Response Modifiers
Unit 11: Respiratory Drugs
Unit 12: Cardiovascular Drugs
Unit 13: Gastrointestinal Drugs
Unit 14: Eye, Ear, and Skin Drugs
Unit 15: Endocrine Drugs
Unit 16: Renal and Urologic Drugs
Unit 17: Reproductive and Gender Related Drugs
Unit 18: Emergency Drugs
Library of Supplemental Resources
Linda E. McCuistion, PhD, RN, ANP, CNS, Professor, South University, Richmond Campus, Glen Allen, Virginia, Kathleen DiMaggio, RN, MSN, Assistant Professor of Nursing, Our Lady of Holy Cross College, Department of Nursing, Mary Beth Winton, PhD, RN, APRN, ACNP-BC and Jennifer J. Yeager, PhD, RN, Assistant Professor, Director of the Graduate Nursing Program, Department of Nursing, Tarleton State University , Member of The Texas A&M University System