Textbook of Diagnostic Sonography - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource,8th Edition
Updated to reflect the newest curriculum standards, Textbook of Diagnostic Sonography, 8th Edition provides you with the pertinent information needed for passing the boards. This highly respected text enhances your understanding of general/abdominal and obstetric/gynecologic sonography, the two primary divisions of sonography, as well as vascular sonography and echocardiography. Each chapter covers patient history; normal anatomy, including cross-sectional anatomy; sonography techniques; pathology; and related laboratory findings. And more than 3,100 images and anatomy drawings guide you in recognizing normal anatomy and abnormal pathology.
- Full-color presentation, including color scans of gross pathology photos, where appropriate, enhances your learning expe1rience and the teaching value of the text.
- Pathology tables give you quick access to clinical findings, laboratory findings, sonography findings, and differential considerations.
- Pedagogy, including chapter objectives and outlines, alerts you to the important information you will learn in each chapter.
- Evolve site includes PowerPoint slides, an image bank, review questions and a workbook answer key for students, and a test bank for faculty to aid in the reinforcement and teaching of sonography skills.
- Sonography Findings, highlighted with icon and special type, call attention to key clinical information.
- NEW! Full coverage of general/abdominal, transplantation, superficial structures, pediatrics, fetal heart, and obstetric/gynecologic sonography, along with several new chapters on vascular sonography, hemodynamics, and introduction to echocardiography, provides you with the information needed to pass the boards and succeed in clinicals.
- UPDATED! Content reflects the newest curriculum standards so you have the information you need to pass the boards.
- NEW! Updated images depict the latest advances in the field of sonography and help you prepare for the boards and clinicals.
- NEW! Key words in chapter openers focus your attention on the terms that you are required to know and understand.
- NEW! Bulleted summary lists at the end of each chapter reinforce important concepts.
- NEW! A condensed bibliography at the end of the book lists essential references and guides you in the direction to obtain more information in a given area.
Part I: Foundations of Sonography 1. Foundations of Clinical Sonography 2. Essentials of Patient Care for the Sonographer 3. Ergonomics and Musculoskeletal Issues in Sonography 4. Introduction to Anatomical Relationships in the Abdominal-Pelvic Cavity 5. Comparative Sectional Anatomy of the Abdominal-Pelvic Cavity 6. Basic Ultrasound: Scanning Techniques, Terminology & Tips 7. Artifacts in General Ultrasound Images
PART II: Abdomen 8. Vascular System 9. Liver 10. Gallbladder and the Biliary System 11. Spleen 12. Pancreas 13. Gastrointestinal Tract 14. Peritoneal Cavity and Abdominal Wall 15. Urinary System 16. Retroperitoneum 17. Ultrasound Contrast Agents in the Abdomen 18. Ultrasound-Guided Interventional Techniques 19. Emergent Ultrasound Procedures 20. Sonographic Techniques in the Transplant Patient
PART III: Superficial Structures 21. The Breast 22. The Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands 23. The Scrotum 24. The Musculoskeletal System
PART IV: Pediatrics 25. Neonatal & Pediatric Abdomen 26. Neonatal and Pediatric Adrenal & Urinary System 27. Neonatal & Infant Head 28. Infant & Pediatric Hip 29. Neonatal & Infant Spine
PART V: The Thoracic Cavity 30. Anatomic and Physiologic Relationships within the Thoracic Cavity 31. Hemodynamics for the Sonographer 32. Introduction to Echocardiographic Techniques, Terminology & Tips 33. Clinical Applications of Echocardiography: 34. Clinical Applications of Echocardiography 35. Fetal Echocardiography: Beyond the Four Chambers 36. Fetal Echocardiography: Congenital Heart Disease
Part VI: Cerebrovascular 37. Extracranial Cerebrovascular Evaluation 38. Intracranial Cerebrovascular Evaluation 39. Peripheral Arterial Evaluation 40. Peripheral Venous Evaluation
PART VII: Gynecology 41. Normal Anatomy and Physiology of the Female Pelvis 42. Sonographic Evaluation of the Female Pelvis 43. Pathology of the Uterus 44. Pathology of the Ovaries 45. Pathology of the Adnexa 46. The Role of Sonography in Female Infertility
PART VIII: Obstetrics 47. The Role of Sonography in Obstetrics 48. Clinical Ethics for Obstetric Sonography 49. The Normal First Trimester 50. First-Trimester Complications 51. Sonography of the Second and Third Trimesters 52. Obstetric Measurements and Gestational Age 53. Fetal Growth Assessment by Sonography 54. Sonography and High-Risk Pregnancy 55. Prenatal Diagnosis of Congenital Abnormalities 56. The Placenta 57. The Umbilical Cord 58. Amniotic Fluid, Fetal Membranes, and Fetal Hydrops 59. The Fetal Face and Neck 60. The Fetal Neural Axis 61. The Fetal Thorax 62. The Fetal Anterior Abdominal Wall 63. The Fetal Abdomen 64. The Fetal Urogenital System 65. The Fetal Skeleton
Sandra L. Hagen-Ansert, MS, RDMS, RDCS, FASE, FSDMS, Cardiology Department, Supervisor, Echo Lab, Scripps Clinic - Torrey Pines, CA.