Workbook and Lab Manual for Mosby's Pharmacy Technician - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 5th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
This easy-to-use, chapter-by-chapter companion to Mosby's Pharmacy Technician: Principles and Practice, 5th Edition helps your students reinforce and master their understanding of key skills and concepts. Each chapter of this combination workbook and lab manual contains a wide variety of review questions, exercises, and experiential lab activities to help reinforce key concepts, encourage students to reflect critically, and relate to practice for success on the job. Combined with the core textbook, this learning package takes students from day one through graduation and certification!
- Comprehensive coverage designed to align with the ASHP curriculum and Pharmacy Technician certification exam blueprints
- Reinforce Key Concepts sections for review and practice
- Reflect Critically sections with realistic scenarios to encourage content assimilation and application
- Relate to Practice sections with laboratory exercises to provide hands-on practice to promote multi-dimensional skills mastery
- Competency checklists for all procedures to track your progress with textbook procedures.
- NEW! Chapters on drug classifications and pharmacy operations management
- NEW! Expansion of aseptic technique and sterile compounding
- NEW! Additional emphasis on soft skills threaded throughout the pharmacy practice unit
- NEW! Additional competency checklists to correlate with procedures throughout pharmacy practice chapters
Unit I: Pharmacy Practice 1. History of Medicine and Pharmacy 2. Pharmacy Law, Ethics, and Regulatory Agencies 3. Competencies, Associations, and Settings for Technicians 4. Communication and Role of the Technician with the Customer/Patient 5. Dosage Forms and Routes of Administration 6. Conversions and Calculations 7. Drug Information References 8. Community Pharmacy Practice 9. Institutional Pharmacy Practice 10. Additional Pharmacy Practice Settings 11. Bulk Repackaging and Non-Sterile Compounding 12. Aseptic Technique and Sterile Compounding 13. Pharmacy Billing and Inventory Management 14. Medication Safety and Error Prevention 15. NEW! Pharmacy Operations Management
Unit II: Pharmacology and Medications 16. NEW! Drug Classifications 17. Therapeutic Agents for the Nervous System 18. Therapeutic Agents for the Endocrine System 19. Therapeutic Agents for the Musculoskeletal System 20. Therapeutic Agents for the Cardiovascular System 21. Therapeutic Agents for the Respiratory System 22. Therapeutic Agents for the Gastrointestinal System 23. Therapeutic Agents for the Renal System 24. Therapeutic Agents for the Reproductive System 25. Therapeutic Agents for the Immune System 26. Therapeutic Agents for Eyes, Ears, Nose and Throat 27. Therapeutic Agents for the Dermatologic System 28. Therapeutic Agents for the Hematologic System 29. Over-the-Counter (OTC) Medications 30. Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM)
Appendix A: Top 200 Prescription Drugs Appendix B: Top 30 Herbal Remedies
Elsevier, Karen Davis, AAHCA, BS, CPhT, Instructor, Pharmacy Technician Program, Penn Foster Career College, Scranton, Pennsylvania; President and Owner, Accreditation Alliance Consulting Services, Society for the Education of Pharmacy Technicians (SEPhT), Lyons, Georgia and Anthony Guerra, PharmD, RPh, Chair, Instructor, Pharmacy Technician Program, Des Moines Area Community College, Ankeny, Iowa