Misch's Contemporary Implant Dentistry Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 4th Edition
Dental implant surgery is an artform. To help you advance your skills and become a master of implant prosthetics, Misch's Contemporary Implant Dentistry, 4th Edition uses a multidisciplinary approach to cover the industry’s most current processes and surgical procedures. The new edition of this text continues to provide comprehensive, state-of-the-art information on the science and discipline of contemporary implant dentistry. Covering the breadth of dental implant surgery, it includes full-color, in-depth coverage of both simple and complicated clinical cases, with practical guidance on how to apply the latest research, diagnostic tools, treatment planning, implant designs, and materials. New author Randolph R. Resnik, is an internationally known educator, clinician, and researcher in the field of Oral Implantology and Prosthodontics who will continue Dr. Misch’s legacy and teachings.
- Content reflects original author’s philosophy and surgical protocols for dental implants giving you a system for achieving predictable outcomes.
- Evidence-based approach to dental implant procedures features state-of-the-art guidance supported by the best available research evidence.
- Rich art program throughout text highlights and clarifies key clinical concepts and techniques with over 2,500 images, radiographs, full-color clinical photographs, line art, and diagrams.
- Definitive resource in implant dentistry provides you with authoritative state-of-the art guidance by recognized leader in the field.
- Internationally known author, Randolph R. Resnik, DMD, MDS is a leading educator, clinician, author and researcher in the field of Oral Implantology and Prosthodontics.
- Surgical protocols provide the latest, most up-to-date literature and techniques that provide a proven system for comprehensive surgical treatment of dental implant patients.
- Thoroughly revised content includes current diagnostic pharmacologic and medical evaluation recommendations to furnish the reader with the latest literature-based information.
- Proven strategies and fundamentals for predictable implant outcomes
- Latest implant surgical techniques for socket grafting and ridge augmentation procedures
- Proven, evidence-based solutions for the treatment of peri-implant disease
- Includes the use of dermal fillers and botox in oral implantology
- Up-to-date information on advances in the field reflects the state-of-the-art dental implantology.
- Addition of an ExpertConsult site allows you to search the entire book electronically.
Part I: Scientific Basis 1. Rationale for Dental Implants 2. Terminology in Implant dentistry 3. Functional Basis for Dental Implant Design 4. Bone Physiology, Metabolism, and Biomechanics 5. Biomaterials for Dental Implants
Part II: Biomechanical Properties of Dental Implants 6. Clinical Biomechanics in Implant Dentistry 7. Stress Treatment Theorem for Implant Dentistry 8. Treatment Planning: Force Factors Related to Patient Conditions 9. Dental Implant Surfaces
Part III : Fundamental Science 10. Medical Evaluation of the Dental Implant Patient 11. Radiographic Evaluation in Oral Implantology 12. Applied Anatomy for Dental Implants 13. Dental Implant Infections 14. Pharmacology in Implant Dentistry
Part IV: Treatment Planning Principles 15. Interactive Computed Tomography and Dental Implant Treatment Planning 16. Available Bone and Dental Implant Treatment Plans 17. Prosthetic Options in Implant Dentistry 18. Bone Density: A Key Determinant for Treatment Planning 19. Treatment Plans Related to Key Implant Positions and Implant Number
Part V: Edentulous Site Treatment Planning 20. Treatment Plans for Partially and Completely Edentulous Arches in Implant Dentistry 21. Preimplant Prosthodontic Factors Related to Surgical Treatment Planning 22. Single and Multiple Tooth Replacement: Treatment Options 23. Treatment Planning for the Edentulous Posterior Maxilla 24. The Edentulous Mandible: Fixed Versus Removable Prosthesis Treatment Planning 25. The Edentulous Maxilla: Fixed versus Removable Treatment Planning
Part VI: Implant Surgery 26. Basic Surgical Techniques and Armamentarium 27. Implant Placement Surgical Protocol 28. Ideal Implant Positioning 29. Maxillary Anterior Specific Implant Surgery 30. Mandibular Specific Anatomic Implications for Dental Implant Surgery 31. Dental Implant Surgery Complications 32 Immediate Implant Surgical Protocol 33. Immediate Load/Restoration in Implant Dentistry
Part VII: Soft and Hard Tissue Rehabilitation 34. Atraumatic Tooth Extraction and Socket Grafting 35. Bone Substitutes and Membranes 36. Particulate Membrane Grafting/Guided Bone Regeneration 37. Maxillary Sinus Anatomy, Pathology, and Graft Surgery 38. Intraoral Autogenous Bone Grafting 39. Extraoral Autogenous Bone Grafting for Dental Implant Surgery 40. The Use of Botox and Dermal Fillers in Oral Implantology
Part VIII: Dental Implant Maintenance 41. Peri-Implantitis and Peri-Implant Mucositis: Diagnosis, Classification, Etiologies, and Therapies 42. Implant Maintenance: Long-term Implant Success
Randolph Resnik, DMD, MDS