Textbook of Clinical Hemodynamics, 2nd Edition
- Provides a disease-oriented assessment of waveform data that demonstrates how both qualitative and quantitative interpretation can affect clinical decision making.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase, which allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Features extensive updates throughout, with expanded coverage of aortic valve and mitral valve disorders, including new percutaneous valve treatments (TAVR, mitral clip); comparison of hemodynamic support devices; a new chapter on pulmonary hypertension; and expanded coverage of coronary hemodynamics.
- More than 100 brand-new, full-color images provide clear visuals for a more complete understanding of complex concepts.
- Includes a new Easy Reference Appendix with clinically useful formulas and data.
1. INTRODUCTION TO HEMODYNAMIC ASSESSMENT IN THE CARDIAC CATHETERIZATION LABORATORY
2. NORMAL WAVEFORMS, ARTIFACTS AND PITFALLS
3. CARDIAC OUTPUT AND SHUNTS
4. MITRAL VALVE DISORDERS
5. AORTIC VALVE DISEASES
6. HYPERTROPHIC CARDIOMYOPATHY AND RELATED CONDITIONS
7. RIGHT-SIDED HEART DISORDERS
8. PULMONARY HYPERTENSION AND RELATED DISORDERS
9. PERICARDIAL DISEASE AND RESTRICTIVE MYOCARDIAL DISEASES
10. LEFT-VENTRICULAR HEMODYNAMICS, HEART FAILURE, AND SHOCK
11. CONGENITAL HEART DISEASE
12. CORONARY AND PERIPHERAL ARTERY HEMODYNAMICS
APPENDIX 1 HEMODYNAMIC EQUATIONS AND FORMULAS
Michael Ragosta, MD, Professor of Medicine ,Division of Cardiovascular Medicine ,University of Virginia Health Systems