Current Anesthesia Practice, 1st Edition
This is the exam review nurse anesthetists have been waiting for! Expertly written by the leading author team of Elisha, Nagelhout, and Heiner, Current Anesthesia Practice: Evaluate Your Knowledge, 1st Edition helps prepare students for the NCE and CPC exam. It is the ONLY certification review text for nurse anesthetists, making it an invaluable study tool while prepping for the NCE or the new CPC exam. Four comprehensive chapters cover foundational concepts: Airway Management; Applied Pharmacology; Applied Human Physiology, Pathophysiology and Anesthesia Case Management; and Anesthesia Equipment and Technology. Answers to review questions throughout the book are found in the appendix.
- UNIQUE! The ONLY Certification Review text for nurse anesthetists.
- UNIQUE! Written by the leading experts in nurse anesthesia, Elisha and Nagelhout.
- Prepares you for both the current CRNA licensure exam and the new CPC exam.
- UNIQUE! End-of- section Knowledge Check questions with answers provided in the back of the book.
1. Airway Management
•Airway Equipment, Management of Devices, and Procedures
•Airway Management Concepts
•General Principles of Pharmacodynamics and Pharmacokinetics
•Anesthesia Induction Medications
•Neuromuscular Blocking Agents
•Selective Muscle Relaxant Binding Agent
•Autonomic Nervous System – Sympathomimetic Amines
•a-Receptor Blocking Agents
•ß-Adrenergic Blocking Agents
•Calcium Channel Blockers
•Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Agents
•Histamine Receptor Antagonists
3. Human Physiology, Pathophysiology and Anesthesia Case Management
4. Anesthesia Equipment and Technology
•Infection Control: Disinfection
•Anesthetic Gas Machine
•Standards for Preanesthesia Evaluation and Informed Consent
Appendix A: Knowledge Check Answers
Sass Elisha, EdD, CRNA, FAAN, Assistant Director, Kaiser Permanente School of Anesthesia, Pasadena, California, John J. Nagelhout, CRNA, PhD, FAAN, Director, School of Anesthesia, Kaiser Permanente, California State University-Fullerton, Southern California Permanente Medical Group, Pasadena, CA and Jeremy S Heiner