Medical Office Administration - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 4th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Using a clear, hands-on approach to learning front office skills, Medical Office Administration, 4th Edition prepares your students for successful careers as administrative medical office assistants. Performing procedures with SimChart® for the Medical Office (SCMO), students will practice day-to-day tasks as if they were in an actual office setting. This new edition adds updated content to support use of the electronic health record, new Affordable Care Act information, insurance/billing/coding content, and SCMO activities woven throughout. Covering administrative tasks from appointment scheduling to medical billing, this work text helps students develop the knowledge and skills they need to think critically and respond confidently to the challenges they’ll encounter on the job. Access to SimChart for the Medical Office sold separately.
- A conversational writing style makes it easier for you to read and understand the material.
- Stopping points provide you with thought-provoking questions or activities to break up the narrative in manageable segments.
- HIPAA Hints ensure that you comply with HIPAA mandates.
- Real-world examples apply important concepts to the medical office setting.
- Interactive electronic procedure checklists spell out the individual steps required to complete a full range of administrative procedures, and are based on CAAHEP competencies.
- NEW! SimChart® for the Medical Office (SCMO) throughout text allows you to practice common administrative tasks with real-world office management software.
- NEW! Coverage of the Affordable Care Act and ICD-10 prepares you for what you’ll encounter on the job.
- NEW! Medical Assisting mapping tables tie into CAAHEP and ABHES competencies.
- NEW! High-quality illustrations and updated screenshots helps reinforce content.
1. The Career of a Medical Administrative Assistant
2. The Health Care Team
3. Medical Law
4. Medical Ethics
5. The Diverse Community of Patients
6. Interpersonal Communications
7. Appointment Scheduling
8. Patient Reception and Registration
9. Health Information Management
10. Procedure and Diagnosis Coding
11. Medical Billing
12. Health Insurance and Health Benefits
13. Business Operations of the Medical Office
14. Financial Management
15. Human Resource Management
16. Job Search Essentials
A. Answers to Think About It Questions
B. Competency Assessment Checklists
C. Using SimChart for the Medical Office (SCMO)
Brenda A. Potter, BS, CPC-I, CPC, Medical Administrative Program Director, Minnesota State Community & Technical College