Gunner Goggles Neurology, 1st Edition
- Topics are organized around the USMLE and NBME content outlines for specific shelf exams, and information is presented in a highly templated, concise manner.
- The Augmented Reality application allows you to efficiently study and learn using an integrated print-mobile approach. In addition to unlocking animations and other visuals, AR app access also includes additional content, links to provide feedback to the authors, community pages, and more.
- All test topics are covered in just enough detail to help you hone in on key points you must know for exam success.
- Unique! Every disease is described by its stem clues (buzzwords that appear in question stems) and prophylactic measures (PPx), mechanism (MoD), diagnostic tests (Dx) and treatment/management principles (Tx/Mgmt) – the four "Physician Tasks" that the NBME requires students to know about each disease.
- You’ll also get real-world tips for your clinical rotations from your peers – information that won’t show up on the shelf exam but is ideal for maximum impact when on rounds (knowing the prognosis for a specific disease, for example).
- Plus … effective study techniques, sample study schedules, tips and tricks to better retain information learned from review questions, and methods to self-generate mnemonics.
- Edited, written, and crowdsourced by high-performing medical students and residents and reviewed by experts in the field to ensure accuracy, relevancy, and accessibility.
Titles in the Gunner Goggles series:
Family Medicine • Print ISBN: 978-0-323-51034-9 • e-Book ISBN: 978-0-323-52756-9
Medicine • Print ISBN: 978-0-323-51035-6 • e-Book ISBN: 978-0-323-52758-3
Neurology • Print ISBN: 978-0-323-51036-3 • e-Book ISBN: 978-0-323-52760-6
Ob-Gyn • Print ISBN: 978-0-323-51037-0 • e-Book ISBN: 978-0-323-52768-2
Pediatrics • Print ISBN: 978-0-323-51038-7 • e-Book ISBN: 978-0-323-52763-7
Psychiatry • Print ISBN: 978-0-323-51039-4 e-Book ISBN: 978-0-323-52765-1
Surgery • Print ISBN: 978-0-323-51040-0 • e-Book ISBN: 978-0-323-52767-5
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: General Principles for the Neurology Shelf Exam
Chapter 3: Psychiatry in the Clinical Neurology Shelf
Chapter 4: Disorders of the Special Senses
Chapter 5: Cerebrovascular Disease Organizing Principles
Chapter 6: Infections of the Central Nervous System
Chapter 7: Neoplasms of the Nervous System
Chapter 8: Spine and Spinal Cord Disorders in the Neurology Shelf
Chapter 9: Traumatic, Mechanical and ICP Disorders in the Neurology Shelf
Chapter 10: Disorders of the Cranial Nerves and Peripheral Nervous System
Chapter 11: Vitamins and Drug Effects on the Nervous System
Chapter 12: Metabolic Disorders on the Neurology Shelf
Chapter 13: Degenerative and Global Cerebral Dysfunction Disorders
Chapter 14: Paroxysmal Disorders
Chapter 15: Sleep Disorders
Chapter 16: Neuromuscular Disorders
Chapter 17: Movement Disorders
Chapter 18: Congenital Disorders of the Neurology Shelf
Chapter 19: Gunner Jim’s Guide to Exam Day Success
Hao-Hua Wu, BA, MD, Orthopaedic Surgery Resident, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California and Leo Wang, PhD, MS, Medical Student at University of Pennsylvania