Clinical Skills: Health Assessment Collection (Access Card), 1st Edition
Clinical Skills Online - Access Card
Clinical Skills: Health Assessment Collection covers 16 of the most important nursing skills for health assessment, making it easy to assess each body system thoroughly and systematically and then bringing it all together for a head-to-toe assessment. Each skill in this collection features a consistent seven-part framework to guide students through all aspects of the skill. From high-definition videos that demonstrate each step of the skill to an interactive supply list that visually familiarizes students with related equipment, your students will walk away with a firm understanding of how to properly perform each skill before they ever step foot in the clinical environment. Best of all, this remarkable training product includes competency checklists and interactive quizzes for each skill to help you easily keep tabs on your students’ progress.
- Continually updated, evidence-based content is reviewed and revised annually by clinical skills experts to reflect changes in practice as they arise.
- Convenient web-based program utilizes the same professional format that practicing nurses use to train.
- Consistent, competency-based format for learning skills offers a standardized way for you to learn and perform skills. Most skills feature the same types of skill learning tools to help you obtain a more holistic understanding of the skill and standard QSEN nursing competencies.
- Quick sheet provides a concise, step-by-step summary of the skill.
- Extended text offers an in-depth look at all aspects of the skill. Subjects addressed in the extended text section include:
- Safety alerts
- Patient and family education
- Delegation opportunities
- Monitoring and care
- Expected and unexpected outcomes
- Documentation guidelines
- Special gerontologic, pediatric, and home care considerations
- Evidence-based references
- Additional reading suggestions
- Interactive visual supply list features roll-over labeling to familiarize you with each piece of equipment needed to perform the skill.
- Demonstration videos and animations visually guide you through every necessary step involved in the skill.
- Images and illustrations highlight crucial procedures, equipment, and documents involved in the skill.
- Competency tests with rationales help you review and evaluate your understanding of the skill.
- Printable evaluation checklists help you measure and track various skill competencies.
Assessing the Abdomen
Assessing the Breasts and Axillae
Assessing the Ears
Assessing the Eyes
Assessing the Female Genitalia and Rectum
Assessing the Head and Neck and Lymphatics
Assessing the Heart and Neck Vessels
Assessing the Male Genitourinary, Rectum, and Prostate
Assessing the Musculoskeletal System
Assessing the Neurologic System: Mental Status and Cranial Nerves
Assessing the Neurologic System: Motor and Sensory Functions
Assessing the Nose, Mouth, and Throat
Assessing the Peripheral Vascular System
Assessing the Skin, Hair and Nails
Assessing the Thorax and Lungs
Head-to-Toe Examination of the Adult