Health Assessment Online for Physical Examination and Health Assessment, 8e (Access Code), 8th Edition
Online Course - Access Card
Get a dynamic, interactive learning experience! Ideal for distance-learning programs, hybrid courses, or enhanced classroom teaching, Health Assessment Online aligns with Jarvis's Physical Examination and Health Assessment, 8th Edition to bring content to life through engaging interaction. This bestselling online course resource offers more flexibility than ever before with enhanced accessibility, new 3D animations, revised Memory Match activities, and a library of more than 8,000 freestanding teaching/learning resources to complement online course presentations. Ready-to-use self-paced learning modules guide you through foundational content, and comprehensive case studies give you the opportunity to apply what you've learned!
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- Self-paced learning modules and capstone case studies use video clips, animations, audio clips, images, and interactive exercises to guide you through foundational content and data gathering for each system and give you the opportunity to apply what you've learned in a comprehensive case study. These interactive modules:
- Ensure you are prepared for class.
- Reinforce the material you’ve presented.
- Help you prepare for exams.
- Library of 8,000 stand-alone assets complement your classroom presentations or as a stand-alone reference library to reinforce learning.
- Over 400 video clips demonstrating key examination techniques and procedures
- 130 video clips on pediatric and maternity patients
- 85 animations that bring important anatomic and physiologic concepts to life
- 1,050 multiple choice review questions
- 220 interactive exercises for quizzing or quick review
- 30 anatomic overlays depicting the anatomy beneath the surface of the skin
- 75 current lab and diagnostic tests with lab values that can affect assessment findings
- Glossary with 1,100 terms including audio pronunciations in English and Spanish
- Electronic Charting Activities that provide interactive practice in documenting examinations with realistic electronic health records and clinical case studies from the Jarvis textbook
- Advanced Practice Case Studies that guide you through the examination process for each body system, from recording a patient's history through determining a likely diagnosis
- NEW! Revised and updated content aligns with Jarvis 8e
- NEW! 3D animations replace replacing all ArchieMD animations
- NEW! Revised Memory Match activities improve usability and reduce "cognitive load".
- NEW! Enhanced accessibility helps students needing various accommodations access the course.
- NEW! Improved design in Self-Paced Learning Modules improve usability for you.
Self-Paced Learning Modules with Capstone Cases
Advanced Practice Case Studies
Discussion Board Activities
Laboratory & Diagnostic Test Overviews
Multiple-Choice Review Questions
Video Clips -- Maternity and Pediatric
Carolyn Jarvis, PhD, APN, CNP, Professor Emerita, School of Nursing, Illinois Wesleyan University; Certified Nurse Practitioner (retired), Bloomington, Illinois