Radiographic Pathology for Technologists - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 7th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Using an essentials approach, Radiographic Pathology for Technologists, 7th Edition concisely covers the injuries and abnormalities most frequently encountered in practice. This new edition is appropriate for students and entry-level radiographers and has been updated to reflect the latest ACR appropriateness criteria and ASRT curriculum guidelines. It also features background discussions of key anatomy and physiology principles, along with imaging considerations for each disease categorized by type followed by a description of its radiographic appearance, signs and symptoms, and treatment.
- Essential level of coverage presents approximately 150 injuries and abnormalities most frequently diagnosed using medical imaging.
- Summary tables at the end of each chapter list pathologies covered and the preferred imaging modalities for diagnosis.
- Correlative and differential diagnosis discussions explain the diagnostic process and demonstrate the importance of high quality images.
- Chapter outlines and objectives, key terms, and multiple choice and discussion questions for each chapter with answers provided in the back of the text highlight the most important concepts within each chapter.
- NEW! Updated content reflects the latest ACR Appropriateness criteria and ASRT curriculum guidelines.
- NEW! Current digital radiography practices and images covered throughout text.
- NEW! Radiographic images illustrate gastrointestinal, hepatobiliary, and urinary pathologies
- NEW! Replacement images and illustrations reflect current practice for general radiography and alternative modalities, such as CT, MR, and fusion imaging to help you understand how pathologies are demonstrated.
1. Introduction to Pathology 2. The Skeletal System 3. The Respiratory System 4. The Cardiovascular System 5. The Abdomen and Gastrointestinal System 6. The Hepatobiliary System 7. The Urinary System 8. The Central Nervous System 9. The Hemopoietic System 10. The Reproductive System 11. The Endocrine System 12. Traumatic Disease
Glossary Image Credits and Courtesies Bibliography Index
Nina Kowalczyk, Ph.D., R.T.(R)(CT)(QM), FASRT, Assistant Professor/RA Clinical Coordinator, Radiologic Sciences and Therapy Division, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH