Gray's Clinical Photographic Dissector of the Human Body, 2nd Edition
- Perform dissections with confidence by comparing the 1,098 full-color photographs to the cadavers you study.
- Easily relate anatomical structures to clinical conditions and procedures.
- Understand the pertinent anatomy for more than 30 common clinical procedures such as lumbar puncture and knee aspiration, including where to make the relevant incisions.
- Depend on the same level of accuracy and thoroughness that have made Gray’s Anatomy the defining reference on this complex subject, thanks to the expertise of the author team - all leading authorities in the world of clinical anatomy.
- New and improved photographs guide you through each dissection step-by-step.
- All-new page design, incorporating explanatory diagrams alongside photographs to more easily orientate you on the cadaver.
- Corresponding Gray’s illustrations added to aid understanding and add clarity to key anatomical structures.
- New coverage of the pelvis and perineum added to this edition.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references – including 68 bonus dissection videos – from the book on a variety of devices.
Section I Introduction
1 Dissection Laboratory Materials, Tools and Techniques
Section II Back
2 Muscles of the Back and Scapula
3 Suboccipital Triangle and Spinal Cord
Section III Thorax
4 Pectoral Region and Breast
5 Lungs, Removal of Heart, and Posterior Mediastinum
Section IV Upper Limb
7 Axilla and Arm
8 Forearm (Antebrachium)
Section V Abdomen
10 Anterior Abdominal Wall and Inguinal Region
11 Peritoneal Cavity
12 Gastrointestinal Tract
13 Posterior Abdominal Wall
Section VI Pelvis and Perineum
Section VII Lower Limb
16 Gluteal Region
17 Thigh and Leg
18 Leg and Ankle
Section VIII Head and Neck
22 Infratemporal Fossa
23 Calvaria, Dural Venous Sinuses, Brain, and Cranial Nerves
26 Nasal Cavity
27 Pharynx and Oral Cavity
29 Retropharyngeal Region and Pharynx
Marios Loukas, MD, PhD, Chair and Professor of Anatomy, St George’s University, Grenada, W.I, Brion Benninger, MD, MSc, Professor of Anatomy and Vice Chair, Department of Clinical and Anatomical Sciences, Western University of Health Sciences, Portland, Oregon; Faculty Member, Departments of Surgery, Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery and Integrative Biosciences, School of Medicine, Dentistry and Physician Assistants, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon; Member, Samaritan Orthopaedic Residency Faculty, Newport, Oregon, USA. and R. Shane Tubbs, Professor and Program Director, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana and Department of Neurosurgery and Ochsner Neuroscience Institute Ochsner Health System, New Orleans, LA