Illustrated Study Guide for the NCLEX-RN Exam Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 10th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Who says preparing for the NCLEX® has to be boring? Using colorful illustrations and fun mnemonic cartoons, the Illustrated Study Guide for the NCLEX-RN® Exam, 10th Edition brings the concepts found on the NCLEX-RN to life! This new edition is written in a concise outline format to make studying easier, and the Evolve companion website includes approximately 2,500 NCLEX exam-style review questions (including alternate item formats) — allowing students to create practice exams, identify strengths and weaknesses, and review answers and rationales. With new content covering culture and spirituality, this study guide offers students a robust, visual, less-intimidating way to remember key facts for the NCLEX exam.
- 2,500 review questions are now included on the Evolve companion website, adding more 200 questions to the total on the previous edition.
- UNIQUE! Mnemonic cartoons provide a fun, easy way to review and remember key nursing concepts and disease processes.
- UNIQUE! The integrated systems approach incorporates pediatric, adult, and older adult lifespan considerations in each body system chapter.
- UNIQUE! Appendixes for each chapter summarize medications and nursing procedures for quick reference.
- Alternate item format questions on Evolve prepare you for the interactive question types on the NCLEX examination, including priority drag-and-drop and hot-spot (illustrated point-and-click) questions.
- Test Alert! boxes in the book highlight key concepts frequently found on the NCLEX examination.
- Answers and rationales for all review questions show why correct answers are right and incorrect options are wrong.
- Separate chapters on pharmacology and nursing management help students to focus on these areas of emphasis on the NCLEX examination.
- Nursing Priority boxes make it easier for students to distinguish priorities of nursing care.
- Pharmacology tables make key drug information easy to find, with high-alert medications noted by a special icon.
- Special icons distinguish pediatric and adult disorders, and identify content on Self-Care and Home Care.
- NEW! UPDATED content reflects the most recent NCLEX-RN® test plan and incorporates important clinical updates.
- NEW! 25 additional illustrations and mnemonics make the book more appealing than ever to the visual learner.
- NEW! Chapter on Culture and Spiritual Awareness addresses the addition of Culture and Spirituality to the Integrated Processes in the NCLEX test plan.
- NEW! Nursing Management and Ethical/Legal concepts divided into two chapters emphasize the increasing amount of administrative duties nurses face and the importance of management of care on the NCLEX.
- NEW! Priority Concepts added to the beginning of each chapter assist you in concept-based nursing programs in focusing on priority concepts for each chapter.
1. Testing Strategies for the NCLEX-RN® Examination2. Health Implications Across the Life Span3. Concepts of Nursing Practice4. NEW! Culture and Spiritual Awareness5. Nursing Management 6. Ethical and Legal Concepts7. Emergency and Disaster Preparedness and Bioterrorism8. Pharmacology and Medication Administration9. Homeostasis Concepts10. Immune: Care of the Adult, Maternity, and Pediatric Clients11. Cancer Concepts12. Psychosocial Nursing Care13. Integumentary: Care of Adult and Pediatric Clients14. Sensory: Care of Adult and Pediatric Clients15. Endocrine: Care of Adult, Maternity, and Pediatric Clients16. Hematology: Care of Adult and Pediatric Clients17. Respiratory: Care of Adult and Pediatric Clients18. Vascular: Care of Adult Clients19. Cardiac: Care of Adult, Maternity, and Pediatric Clients20. Gastrointestinal: Care of Adult and Pediatric Clients21. Hepatic and Biliary: Care of Adult and Pediatric Clients22. Neurology: Care of Adult and Pediatric Clients23. Musculoskeletal: Care of Adult and Pediatric Clients24. Reproductive: Care of Adult and Pediatric Clients25. Urinary-Renal: Care of Adult and Pediatric Clients26. Maternity Nursing Care27. Newborn Nursing CareAppendix: Normal Laboratory DataReferences and ResourcesIndex
JoAnn Zerwekh, EdD, RN, President/CEO,Nursing Education Consultants, Inc,Chandler, Arizona