Textbook of Clinical Hemodynamics Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 2nd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
A highly clinical focus and clear, vibrant illustrations make Textbook of Clinical Hemodynamics, 2nd Edition, by Dr. Michael Ragosta, the resource of choice for accurately analyzing hemodynamic waveforms generated in cardiac catheterization labs. This easy-to-use, disease-oriented reference—ideal for physicians, nurses, and technicians—offers the unparalleled detail and visual support you need for interpreting the findings you encounter in practice. New coverage throughout keeps everyone on the cardiac team up to date with the latest concepts and skills, ensuring more effective monitoring and treatment of patients with cardiac disease.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 84 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- Provides a disease-oriented assessment of waveform data that demonstrates how both qualitative and quantitative interpretation can affect clinical decision making.
- Features extensive updates throughout, with expanded coverage of aortic valve and mitral valve disorders, including new percutaneous valve treatments (TAVR, mitral clip); comparison of hemodynamic support devices; a new chapter on pulmonary hypertension; and expanded coverage of coronary hemodynamics.
- More than 100 brand-new, full-color images provide clear visuals for a more complete understanding of complex concepts.
- Includes a new Easy Reference Appendix with clinically useful formulas and data.
1. INTRODUCTION TO HEMODYNAMIC ASSESSMENT IN THE CARDIAC CATHETERIZATION LABORATORY
2. NORMAL WAVEFORMS, ARTIFACTS AND PITFALLS
3. CARDIAC OUTPUT AND SHUNT DETERMINATION
4. MITRAL VALVE DISEASES
5. AORTIC VALVE DISEASES
6. HYPERTROPHIC CARDIOMYOPATHY AND RELATED CONDITIONS
7. RIGHT SIDED HEART DISORDERS: HEMODYNAMICS OF THE TRICUSPID AND PULMONIC VALVES AND RIGHT VENTRICLE
8. PULMONARY HYPERTENSION AND RELATED DISORDERS
9. PERICARDIAL DISEASE AND RESTRICTIVE CARDIOMYOPATHY
10. SHOCK AND HEART FAILURE
11. CONGENITAL HEART DISEASE
12. CORONARY AND PERIPHERAL ARTERIAL HEMODYNAMICS
Michael Ragosta, MD, FACC, FSCAI, Professor of Medicine; Director, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratories, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Virginia Health Systems, Charlottesville, VA