Orthopedic Physical Assessment - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 7th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Build your skills in the assessment of musculoskeletal pathology! Orthopedic Physical Assessment, 7th Edition covers the principles of assessment for all of the body’s structures and joints, including topics such as gait, posture, the head and face, amputees, primary care, and sports emergencies. The Student Consult ebook version includes all of the photos and drawings from the print book plus additional functional assessment forms (e-tools), updated evidence-based reliability and validity tables, and hundreds of video clips demonstrating special tests on how to perform musculoskeletal assessment. Written by noted PT educators David J. Magee and Robert C. Manske, this reference uses a systematic, evidence-based approach to prepare you for success in clinicals, board exams, and in rehabilitation practice.
- Over 2,500 full-color illustrations and photographs depict key concepts, along with assessment techniques and special tests.
- At-a-glance icons show the clinical utility of special tests, supplemented by updated, evidence-based reliability and validity tables for tests and techniques, which are available in the ebook on Student Consult.
- Quick-reference data includes hundreds of summary boxes, red-flag and yellow-flag boxes, differential diagnosis tables, muscle and nerve tables, and classification, normal values, and grading tables.
- A Summary (Précis) of Assessment in each chapter serves as a review of assessment steps.
- Combined with other books in the Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation series — Scientific Foundations and Principles of Practice, Pathology and Intervention, and Athletic and Sports Issues — this book provides the clinician with the knowledge and background necessary to assess and treat musculoskeletal conditions.
- NEW and UNIQUE! Enhanced eBook on Student Consult
- NEW! Updated information in all chapters includes new special tests, as well as photos, line drawings, boxes, tables, and references.
- NEW! Head and Face chapter features updated information on concussion management.
- NEW! Enhanced Diagnostic Ultrasound Imaging section added to applicable chapters, along with new photos and diagnostic images.
- NEW! Updated psychometric tables for special tests list reliability, sensitivity, specificity, and + and – likelihood ratios when available.
- NEW! More case studies added that use real-life scenarios to help students develop assessment and diagnostic skills using information from the chapter.
- NEW! Additional functional assessment forms (e-tools) have been incorporated into the ebook on Student Consult.
- NEW! Video clips demonstrate special tests to give students and clinicians a clearer understanding of how to perform musculoskeletal assessment.
1. Principles and Concepts
2. Head and Face
3. Cervical Spine
4. Temporomandibular Joint
7. Forearm, Wrist, and Hand
8. Thoracic (Dorsal) Spine
9. Lumbar Spine
13. Lower Leg, Ankle, and Foot
14. Assessment of Gait
15. Assessment of Posture
16. Assessment of the Amputee
17. Primary Care Assessment
18. Emergency Sports Assessment
David J. Magee, BPT, PhD, CM, Professor
Department of Physical Therapy
Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and Robert C. Manske, PT, DPT, SCS, MEd, ATC, CSCS, Professor and Chair, Department of Physical Therapy, Wichita State University, Wichita, Kansas