Respiratory Care Exam Review, 5th Edition
Help students effectively prepare for the new 2020 NBRC credentialing examination with Respiratory Care Exam Review, 5th Edition. This new edition contains everything students need to review and prepare for the Therapist Multiple-Choice Examination and the advanced Clinical Simulations Exam that closely aligns with the NBRC’s new testing format. It includes over 800 questions (both multiple choice and open-ended) within the text and online. Additionally the accompanying Evolve website contains both the Therapist Multiple-Choice Exam and twenty clinical simulations to provide additional practice and familiarize students with the computerized exam format.
- 2020 NBRC Detailed Content Outline and examination matrix are reflected in the updated text so you know exactly what to expect on the exams.
- Comprehensive, yet concise approach utilizes a simple, straightforward outline format that is easy to follow.
- Pre-tests of several multiple-choice questions are formatted like those found on the NBRC TMC and begin each chapter.
- Open-ended post-chapter study questions help reinforce information.
- Practice exam mirroring the new TMC is included at the back of the book with the answer key and rationales on Evolve.
- Clinical Simulations on Evolve reflect the new quantity of simulations (20) and the newly revised length of these sims on the actual 2020 Clinical Simulation Exam (CSE).
- Practice Exams on Evolve are available in both study (untimed) and exam (timed) modes to provide an additional opportunity to practice and experience the actual NBRC testing environment in a computerized format.
- NEW! Thoroughly updated content incorporates the new 2020 NBRC Exam Content Outline.
- NEW! Extensively updated questions have been added throughout the text and online resources.
- NEW! Chapter-specific revisions include updates in the following areas:
- oxygen delivery devices
- endotracheal tube maintenance (cuff pressure, minimal leak, and occlusive volume techniques)
- bronchscopy (bronchoscopy)
- CPR procedures
- hyperinflation devices
- new drugs
- pulmonary rehabilitation
1. Oxygen and Medical Gas Therapy
2. Humidity and Aerosol
3. Assessment of the Cardiopulmonary Patient
4. Management of the Airway
5. Special Respiratory Care Procedures
6. Manual Resuscitation Techniques/Emergency Respiratory Care
7. Hyperinflation Therapy
8. Bronchopulmonary Hygiene Techniques
9. Cardiac Monitoring
10. Arterial Blood Gas Interpretation
11. Ventilator Management
12. Disorders of the Respiratory System
13. Neonatal and Pediatric Respiratory Care
14. Respiratory Medications
15. Respiratory Home Care
16. Pulmonary Function Testing
17. Equipment Decontamination and Infection Control
Gary Persing, BS, RRT, Program Director, Respiratory Therapy Program, Tulsa Community College, Tulsa, OK