Workbook and Competency Evaluation Review for Mosby's Essentials for Nursing Assistants - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 6th Edition
Reinforce your nursing students’ understanding of the essentials! Corresponding to the chapters in Sorrentino’s Mosby’s Essentials for Nursing Assistants, 6th Edition this workbook provides a clear, comprehensive review of all the material included in the text. It uses a number of exercises and activities including case studies, matching, crosswords, labeling activities, multiple choice questions, and critical thinking exercises. In addition, over 75 checklists — one for every procedure in the text – help students evaluate their proficiency in skills drills. The Competency Evaluation Review section helps students prepare for the certification exam with content review, chapter quizzes, two final exams, and more!
- Competency Review section includes content review and review questions for all key topics.
- 75 procedure checklists allow step-by-step review of each procedure.
- A wide variety of exercises enhances your ability to learn the material.
- Additional quizzes and practice exams provide the opportunity for further study and review.
- NEW! Updated exercises cover new textbook chapters from the main text including Ethics and Laws, Moving the Person, Transferring the Person, Urinary Catheters, Fluid Needs, Hearing, Speech, and Vision Problems, and Getting a Job.
- NEW! Math exercises increases your familiarity with common formulas and calculations found on the job.
1. Introduction to Health Care 2. The Person’s Rights 3. The Nursing Assistant 4. NEW! Ethics and Laws 5. Student and Work Ethics 6. Health Team Communications 7. Understanding the Person 8. Body Structure and Function 9. The Older Person 10. Safety Needs 11. Preventing Falls 12. Restraint Alternatives and Restraints 13. Preventing Infection 14. Body Mechanics 15. NEW! Moving the Person 16. NEW! Transferring the Person 17. Comfort Needs 18. Hygiene Needs 19. Grooming Needs 20. Urinary Needs 21. NEW! Urinary Catheters 22. Bowel Needs 23. Nutrition Needs 24. NEW! Fluid Needs 25. Measurements 26. Collecting Specimens 27. Exercise and Activity Needs 28. Wound Care 29. Pressure Injuries 30. Oxygen Needs 31. Rehabilitation Needs 32. NEW! Hearing, Speech, and Vision Problems 33. Common Health Problems 34. Mental Health Disorders 35. Confusion and Dementia 36. Emergency Care 37. End-of-Life Care 38. NEW! Getting a Job
Procedure Checklists Competency Evaluation Review Textbook Chapters Review Practice Examination 1 Practice Examination 2 Skills Evaluation Review Answers to Review Questions in Textbook Chapters Review Answers to Practice Examination 1 Answers to Practice Examination 2
Sheila A. Sorrentino, PhD, RN, Curriculum and Health Care Consultant, Anthem, AZ and Leighann Remmert, MS, RN, Clinical Instructor, Capital Area School of Practical Nursing, Springfield, IL