Student Workbook for Frommer's Radiology for the Dental Professional - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 10th Edition
Hone your understanding of imaging concepts and techniques with the Student Workbook for Frommer’s Radiology for the Dental Professional, 10th Edition. Coordinating step-by-step with the main text, this workbook offers the essential practice and review you need to master radiography concepts and learn to capture high-quality images. Activities and exercises — including new laboratory workshop activities and new ordering sequence questions — cover application, image assessment, image labeling, vocabulary, information recall, and more. It’s the perfect hands-on practice tool to help you successfully support oral diagnosis and treatment planning.
- Correlation with the textbook makes your workbook experience seamless.
- Additional illustrations not found in the text provide practice with identification and interpretation.
- Perforated pages provie for on-the-go study or turn-in assignments.
- NEW! Content on digital imaging, radiation protection, and infection prevention has been added throughout the workbook.
- NEW! Practice questions and exercises aid in content recall and understanding.
- NEW! Clinical and radiographic images hone your interpretation and evaluation skills.
- NEW! Laboratory workshop activities promote assessment and skill-building.
- NEW! Ordering sequence questions reinforce your understanding of key skills and techniques.
1. The History of Ionizing Radiation and Basic Principles of X-Ray Generation
2. The Dental X-Ray Machine
3. Image Formation
4. Image Receptors
5. Biologic Effects of Radiation
6. Patient Protection
7. Operator Protection
8. Infection Control in Dental Radiography
9. Intraoral Radiographic Technique: The Paralleling Method
10. Accessory Radiographic Techniques: Bisecting Technique and Occlusal Projections
11. Film Processing Techniques
12. Panoramic Radiography
13. Extraoral Techniques
14. Radiography of the Temporomandibular Joint
15. Digital Imaging
16. Advanced Imaging Systems
17. Quality Assurance
18. Patient Management and Special Problems
19. Film Mounting and Radiographic Anatomy
20. Principles of Radiographic Interpretation
21. Caries and Periodontal Disease
22. Pulpal and Periapical Lesions
23. Developmental Disturbances of Teeth and Bone
24. Bone and Other Lesions
25. Legal Considerations
Laboratory Workshop Activities
Jeanine J. Stabulas-Savage, RDH, BS, MPH, Assistant Clinical Professor
Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology, Radiology, & Medicine
Division of Radiology
New York University College of Dentistry
New York, NY