Student Workbook for Practice Management for the Dental Team - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 8th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
An indispensable companion to the textbook, Student Workbook for Practice Management for the Dental Team, 8th Edition, offers a wealth of interactive exercises for recall, reinforcement, and application. Separated by chapter for easy correlation to the text, the workbook contains chapter summaries and learning outcomes; hundreds of practice questions; critical thinking scenarios with questions; and practical, skills-based assignments. An included EagleSoft practice management CD-ROM and original exercises give students real-world practice managing all aspects of the dental office.
- Correlating chapters between the workbook and textbook allow you to follow along every step of the way to ensure comprehension.
- Case scenarios with questions help you apply the concepts you’ve learned to provide solutions to everyday office dilemmas.
- Hundreds of review questions include multiple-choice, short-answer, matching, true-false, and fill-in-the-blank items to help you practice for examinations.
- Chapter overviews recap chapter content and set the stage for workbook questions and exercises.
- Learning objectives in each workbook chapter serve as checkpoints for comprehension, skills mastery, and study tools in preparation for examinations.
- Trusted authorship from Betty Finkbeiner and a team of contributors lends years of experience as in practice and education, ensuring that you are learning the best information from the best experts.
- NEW! EagleSoft Version 17 practice management software and technical support from parent company Patterson Dental provide an easy-to-use simulated office environment.
- UNIQUE! Original practice exercises give you realistic experience working with the EagleSoft program to better prepare you for office life.
- NEW and UPDATED! Electronic health record (EHR) content addresses the changes in technology related to the paperless dental office to help you become compliant with 2014 EHR federal mandates.
- NEW! Artwork focuses on the office transition to paperless dentistry.
- NEW! Practice quizzes for each chapter on the Evolve website help you test comprehension and prepare for exams.
PART I: DENTISTRY AS A BUSINESS1. The Business of Dentistry2. Dental Team Management3. Patient Management4. Legal and Ethical Issues in the Dental Business Office5. Technology in the Business Office6. Office Design and Equipment PlacementPART II: COMMUNICATION MANAGEMENT7. Working with Dental Office Documents8. Business Record Storage9. Written Communication10. Electronic and TelecommunicationsPART III: BUSINESS OFFICE SYSTEMS11. Appointment Management Systems12. Inventory Systems and Supply Ordering13. Recall Systems14. Dental Insurance15. Financial Systems: Accounts Receivable16. Other Financial Systems17. Infection Control SystemsPART IV: THE DENTAL ASSISTANT IN THE WORKPLACE18. Planning and Managing Your Career Path
Betty Ladley Finkbeiner, CDA-Emeritus, BS, MS and Charles Allan Finkbeiner, BS, MS, Emeritus Faculty,Washtenaw Community College,Ann Arbor, Michigan