Mosby's Medical Dictionary - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 10th Edition
Help your students make sense of the complicated world of health care with Mosby’s Medical Dictionary, 10th Edition. Expertly edited by Marie O’Toole EdD, RN, FAAN, this one-stop resource includes detailed information on all areas of nursing, medicine, and the health-related professions, including anatomy, diseases and disorders, lab tests, complementary and alternative medical therapies, drug entries, procedures, and equipment. Unique to this publication are more than 2,450 high-quality photographs and illustrations that explain complex conditions and abstract concepts. With over 56,000 definitions and supporting reference appendixes and atlases, Mosby’s Medical Dictionary is an indispensable guide for students.
- Over 56,000 entries offer detailed definitions, as well as the latest information on pathophysiology, treatment and interventions, and nursing care.
- More than 2,450 color photographs and line drawings demonstrate and explain complex conditions and abstract concepts.
- Strict, common-sense alphabetical organization makes it easy to find key terms and definitions.
- NEW! Approximately 5,000 new and revised definitions reflect the latest developments in health care, drugs, and nursing terminology.
- NEW! Updated illustrations visually clarify key definitions that reflect current health care practice and equipment.
I. Color Atlas of Human Anatomy
II. Definitions A-Z
III. Illustration Credits
IV. Appendixes (at back of book)
1. Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC)
2. Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC)