Sonography Principles and Instruments, 10th Edition
Most review copies are eBooks – how fast!
A review copy request is most likely to be fulfilled as an eBook on VitalSource rather than a print product, unless no eBook is available. eBooks become available in as little as a few hours. Print products will take between 7 and 10 days to arrive. To request a print copy, please contact the Evolve Support Center
or your Education Solutions Consultant
- Emphasis on the fundamentals of physics and sonography prepares you for the ARDMS SPI (Sonography Principles & Instrumentation) certification exam.
- Coverage of current technology includes the progress made with contrast agents and 3D, along with the more general aspects of transducers and instruments.
- Straightforward explanations simplify complicated concepts.
- Over 120 ultrasound scans with a full-color design represent what you will encounter in the clinical setting.
- Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter give you a measurable outcome to achieve.
- Key terms are listed at the beginning of each chapter and bolded in the text for fast and convenient lookup.
- Key Points are marked with an icon and special type, highlighting the most important information to help you study more efficiently.
- Bulleted review at the end of each chapter identifies key concepts.
- End-of-chapter exercises test your knowledge and understanding with a blend of multiple-choice, matching, and true/false questions.
- Glossary at the end of the book serves as a quick reference to key terms, letting you look up definitions without having to search through each chapter.
- Appendices offer convenient access to a list of symbols and equations, plus a mathematics review.
- Student resources on the Evolve companion website enhance learning with videos, a physics review, an image collection, and advanced concepts.
Frederick W. Kremkau, PhD, FACR, FAIMBE, FAIUM, FASA, Professor, Radiologic Sciences and Director, Program for Medical Ultrasound, Center for Applied Learnng, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC