Illustrated Dental Embryology, Histology, and Anatomy Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 5th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Get a clear picture of oral biology and the formation and study of dental structures. Illustrated Dental Embryology, Histology, & Anatomy, 5th Edition is the ideal introduction to one of the most foundational areas in the dental professions – understanding the development, cellular makeup, and physical anatomy of the head and neck regions. Written in a clear, reader-friendly style, this text makes it easy for you to understand both basic science and clinical applications - putting the content into the context of everyday dental practice. New for the fifth edition is evidence-based research on the dental placode, nerve core region, bleeding difficulties, silver diamine fluoride, and primary dentition occlusion. Plus, high-quality color renderings and clinical histographs and photomicrographs throughout the book, truly brings the material to life.
- UPDATED! Test Bank with cognitive leveling and mapping to the dental assisting and dental hygiene test blueprints.
- UPDATED! User-friendly pronunciation guide of terms ensures you learn the correct way to pronounce dental terminology.
- Comprehensive coverage includes all the content needed for an introduction to the developmental, histological, and anatomical foundations of oral health.
- Hundreds of full-color anatomical illustrations and clinical and microscopic photographs accompany text descriptions of anatomy and biology.
- Clinical Considerations boxes relate abstract-seeming biological concepts to everyday clinical practice.
- Key terms open each chapter, accompanied by phonetic pronunciations, and are highlighted within the text, and ag glossary provides a quick and handy review and research tool.
- Expert authors provide guidance and expertise related to advanced dental content.
- NEW! Evidence-based research thoroughly discusses the dental placode, nerve core region, bleeding difficulties, silver diamine fluoride, and primary dentition occlusion.
- NEW! Photomicrographs, histographs, and full-color illustrations throughout text helps bring the material to life.
- NEW! The latest periodontal insights include biologic width, gingival biotype, gingival crevicular fluid quantitative proteomics, clinical attachment level, AAP disease classification, and reactive oxygen species therapy.
- NEW! Expanded coverage of key topics includes figures on tongue formation, developmental disturbances, root morphology, and TMJ cone beam CT.
UNIT I: OROFACIAL STRUCTURES 1. Face and Neck Regions 2. Oral Cavity and Pharynx
UNIT II: DENTAL EMBRYOLOGY 3. Prenatal Development 4. Face and Neck Development 5. Orofacial Development 6. Tooth Development and Eruption
UNIT III: DENTAL HISTOLOGY 7. Cells 8. Basic Tissue 9. Oral Mucosa 10. Gingival and Dentogingival Junctional Tissues 11. Head and Neck Structures 12. Enamel 13. Dentin and Pulp 14. Periodontium: Cementum, Alveolar Bone, Periodontal Ligament
UNIT IV: DENTAL ANATOMY 15. Overview of Dentitions 16. Permanent Anterior Teeth 17. Permanent Posterior Teeth 18. Primary Dentition 19. Temporomandibular Joint 20. Occlusion
Bibliography Glossary Appendix A: Anatomical Position Appendix B: Units of Measure Appendix C: Tooth Measurements Appendix D: Tooth Development Index
Margaret J. Fehrenbach, RDH, MS, Dental Hygiene Educational Consultant, Oral Biology Technical Writer, Renton WA
Adjunct Faculty, Seattle Central College, Seattle, WA and Tracy Popowics