Echocardiography Review Guide - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
- Enhance your calculation skills for all aspects of echocardiography.
- Multiple-choice questions in each chapter cover the latest information tested on exams.
- Features expert advice and easy-to-follow procedures on using and interpreting echo (including pitfalls in recording) in every chapter.
- Prepare for your exams with "The Echo Exam" section included in each chapter, which features a summary of how to perform the procedure along with all the necessary calculations, diagnostic information, and real-life examples you may encounter.
- Gain a full understanding of the material in the main textbook, such as contrast echo, 3D echo, myocardial mechanics, as well as intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography (TEE), which is discussed in more detail for those new to the field.
- Easily comprehend complex topics, including the latest in ultrasound physics and image acquisition.
- Test your knowledge! Completely new questions and answers are fed into an assessment and testing module on the website for convenient learning and review.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
1. Principles of Echocardiographic Image Acquisition and Doppler Analysis
2. Normal Anatomy and Flow Patterns on Transthoracic Echocardiography
3. Transesophageal Echocardiography
4. Advanced Echocardiographic Modalities
5. Clinical Indications and Quality Assurance
6. Left and Right Ventricular Systolic Function
7. Ventricular Diastolic Filling and Function
8. Coronary Artery Disease
9. Cardiomyopathies, Hypertensive, and Pulmonary Heart Disease
10. Pericardial Disease
11. Valvular Stenosis
12. Valvular Regurgitation
13. Prosthetic Valves
15. Cardiac Masses and Potential Cardiac Source of Embolus
16. Diseases of the Great Arteries
17. The Adult with Congenital Heart Disease
18. Intraoperative and Interventional Echocardiography
Catherine M. Otto, MD, Editor-in-Chief, Heart, J. Ward Kennedy-Hamilton Endowed Chair in Cardiology, Professor of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, Rebecca Gibbons Schwaegler, BS, RDCS, Adjunct Professor, Diagnostic Ultrasound Department, College of Science and Engineering, Seattle University; Cardiac Sonographer, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, WA, USA and Rosario V. Freeman, MD, MS, Director, Cardiovascular Noninvasive Laboratory, Echocardiography and Electrocardiography Services
Director, Cardiology Fellowship Program
Professor, Cardiology and Medicine
University of Washington School of Medicine