Textbook of Histology, 5th Edition
• Numerous new clinical observations illustrate the importance of histology to clinical practice.
• More than 170 photomicrographs as well as new drawings, and histology laboratory instructions in most chapters have been added to this edition.
• Greatly revised content includes new findings in cellular and molecular biology such as the newly discovered endoplasmic reticulum-shaping proteins, the abundance of stem cells in adipose tissue, the phases of Alzheimer’s disease and the role of the newly discovered glymphatic system in slowing the progression of the disease, and developments in the microbiome.
• More quick-reference tables have been added to summarize information discussed in the text.
• A combination of USMLE-style questions and image-based questions are found in each chapter of the digital edition
1 Introduction to Histology and Basic Histological Techniques
4 Extracellular Matrix
5 Epithelium and Glands
6 Connective Tissue
7 Cartilage and Bone
9 Nervous Tissue
10 Blood and Hemopoiesis
11 Circulatory System
12 Lymphoid (Immune) System
13 Endocrine System
15 Respiratory System
16 Digestive System: Oral Cavity
17 Digestive System: Alimentary Canal
18 Digestive System: Glands
19 Urinary System
20 Female Reproductive System
21 Male Reproductive System
22 Special Senses
Leslie P. Gartner, PhD, Professor of Anatomy (Ret.), Department of Biomedical Sciences, Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, Dental School, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland, USA