Pharmacology Online for Pharmacology (Access Card), 10th Edition
Improve your understanding of nursing pharmacology with Pharmacology Online, 10th Edition. Corresponding to Pharmacology: A Patient-Centered Nursing Process Approach, 10th Edition, this online course features a collection of interactive, self-paced learning modules that makes it easier to learn everything from basic principles to dosage calculation, drug administration, and more — all within context of the nursing process. These self-study modules feature true-to-life case studies, videos, animations, NCLEX® Examination–style quizzes, and more to help you understand how drugs work and how to administer them safely in the clinical setting.
- 21 self-study modules provide a thorough review of the basic principles of pharmacology, drug dosage calculations, and several major drug content areas using a combination of media.
- 25 animations foster easier learning of difficult pharmacology topics.
- Audio glossary presents a definition and an audio pronunciation for more than 1,400 terms and drug names.
- UNIQUE! 16 Roadside Assistance video clips use humor and analogy to bring difficult content to life.
- Case studies with corresponding quizzes use true-to-life clinical scenarios to promote "learning by doing" in the safety of a virtual clinical setting.
- Interactive learning activities provide review of critical drug content in a game-like activity format.
- Practice quizzes for the NCLEX examination feature approximately 500 self-scoring questions with rationales.
- Discussion questions develop students’ knowledge of clinical practice by asking students to apply their learning to scenarios like those they will encounter in practice.
- NEW! Updated online drug handbook reflects the content of Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook 2020 and provides hands-on practice consulting with an up-to-date drug reference for clinical decision-making.
- NEW! Updated content matches the chapters in Pharmacology: A Patient-Centered Nursing Process Approach, 10th Edition, and reflects major new drugs, new drug classes, new therapeutic uses, and discontinued drugs.
Unit 1: Introduction to Pharmacology
Unit 2: Pharmacotherapy and Drug Administration
Unit 3: Maintenance of Homeostasis
Unit 4: Autonomic Nervous System Drugs
Unit 5: Central and Peripheral Nervous System Drugs
Unit 6: Mental and Behavioral Health Drugs
Unit 7: Pain and Inflammation Management Drugs
Unit 8: Antimicrobial Drugs
Unit 9: Immunologic Drugs
Unit 10: Antineoplastics and Biologic Response Modifiers
Unit 11: Respiratory Drugs
Unit 12: Cardiovascular Drugs
Unit 13: Gastrointestinal Drugs
Unit 14: Eye, Ear, and Skin Drugs
Unit 15: Endocrine Drugs
Unit 16: Renal and Urologic Drugs
Unit 17: Reproductive and Gender-Related Drugs
Unit 18: Emergency Drugs
Library of Supplemental Resources
Kathleen Vuljoin DiMaggio, RN, MSN, Professor Emerita, University of Holy Cross New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana, Mary B. Winton, PhD, RN, ACANP-BC, Assistant Professor, Tarleton State University, Stephenville, Texas and Jennifer J. Yeager, PhD, RN, APRN, Assistant Professor, Tarleton State University, Stephenville, Texas