Patient Care in Radiography - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 10th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Let your students master radiography patient care with the book that covers it best! With step-by-step instructions and more than 400 full-color illustrations, Patient Care in Radiography, 10th Edition is the perfect resource to help teach your students effective radiography patient care. Each chapter expertly guides students through the latest guidelines, carefully making the connection between the topics being discussed and how they relate to patient care. An emphasis is placed on the skills and procedures that are imperative for quality patient care — including safety, transfer, positioning, infection control, and patient assessment. Also included is information on microbiology, emerging diseases, trans-cultural communication, ECGs, administering medications, and bedside radiography to ensure students are well-versed in both the technical and interpersonal skills needed for professional practice.
- Coverage of patient care and procedural skills helps provide safe, high-quality patient care and technical proficiency.
- Step-by-step procedures are shown in photo essays, demonstrated with more than 400 full-color illustrations.
- Case studies focus on medicolegal terms, standards, and applications and help build problem-solving skills.
- Coverage of infection control helps emphasize the importance of preventing the spread of diseases.
- Special Imaging Modalities chapter provides an overview of patient care for a wide range of imaging methods.
- Chapter outlines, objectives, key terms, summaries, review questions, and critical thinking exercises focus on the key information in each chapter.
- Answers to the review questions are included in the back of the book.
- NEW! New images highlight many patient procedures and visually demonstrate how to care for patients.
- NEW! Updated content covers the most current exams, procedures, and technologies, as well as the most current information from the American Society of Radiologic Technologists.
Part I: Introduction to Radiography 1. Introduction to Radiography 2. Image Quality Factors 3. Radiation Effects and Radiation Safety 4. The Healthcare Delivery System 5. Professional Roles and Behaviors Part II: Patient Care 6. Professional Attitudes and Communications 7. Safety 8. Patient Transfer 9. Infection Control Concepts 10. Preventing Disease Transmission 11. Surgical Asepsis 12. Response to Patient’s Personal and Physical Needs 13. Patient Assessment 14. Medication Information 15. Medication Administration 16. Emergency Response Part III: Patient Care in Specific Procedures and Environments 17. Dealing with Acute Situations 18. Preparation and Examination of the Gastrointestinal Tract 19. Contrast Media and Special Radiographic Techniques 20. Bedside Radiography: Special Conditions and Environments 21. Radiography in Surgery 22. Special Imaging Modalities
Answer Key Bibliography Appendixes Glossary Index
Ruth Ann Ehrlich, Radiology Faculty (Retired), University of Western States, Portland, Oregon and Dawn M Coakes, BS, RT(R)(CT)