Introduction to Radiologic Technology - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 8th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Introduce your students to the radiologic technology profession with this solid text! Covering everything a beginning radiography student needs to know, Introduction to Radiologic Technology, 8th Edition lays the groundwork for a successful career. It includes coverage of the coursework required, basic learning skills, a historical perspective on radiology, and insight into key topics such as the language of medicine, digital imaging, patient interactions, and radiation safety. This book also includes a discussion of the radiographer’s role in the practice setting and opportunities for advancement.
- A clear, easy-to-read style does not assume you have prior knowledge of the subject matter.
- Critical thinking skills are highlighted, with four important steps to take in assessing situations and making informed decisions.
- Guidelines for a solid radiography career foundation discuss customer service, ethics and professionalism, and professional organizations.
- Thorough introduction to radiologic technology includes a concise overview of what you can expect in your coursework.
- Cultural diversity coverage orients you to the challenge of dealing with patients from different cultures in the medical environment.
- NEW! Updated career advancement opportunities and newest medical terminology include just the right amount detail for new radiographers.
- NEW! Incorporation of SI units of measurement accurately depict current practice standards.
Part I: Becoming a Radiologic Technologist 1. Radiography Education: From Classroom to Clinic 2. Becoming an Outstanding Student 3. Evolution of Health Care Delivery 4. Radiology: A Historic Perspective
Part II: Practicing the Profession 5. Orientation to Patient Care 6. Providing Quality Patient Service 7. The Language of Medicine 8. The Technology of Medical Imaging 9. Imaging Examinations: Diagnosing Disease and Injury 10. Radiation Protection 11. Ethics, Professionalism, and Law in Radiologic Technology 12. Organization and Operation of the Radiology Department 13. Health Professions
Part III: Growing with the Profession 14.The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists 15. Professional Associations 16. Clinical Specialization and Professional Advancement
William J. Callaway, MA, RT(R), Radiography Educator, Author, Speaker