Office-Based Endovascular Centers, 1st Edition
- Provides expert guidance from Dr. Krishna M. Jain, an experienced vascular surgeon and founding member of the Outpatient Endovascular and Interventional Society.
- Covers all aspects of opening and running an office-based endovascular center, including various models, regulations, capital equipment, quality control, management of safety and complications, marketing and patient satisfaction, and much more.
- Discusses perspectives of the interventional cardiologist and interventional radiologist, various types of procedures, certification and accreditation, and conducting research in the center.
- Consolidates today's available information and experience in this timely area into one convenient resource.
1. Introduction Krishna Jain
Section 1. Regulations 2. State Deepak Nair 3. Legal issues Jeff Smith and Matthew Keuten
Section 2. Opening a Center 4. Business Plan Sam Ahn 5. Building Plan Sam Ahn 6. Capital Equipment Krishna Jain 7. Supplies Sam Ahn 8. Data, analytics and Information Management for the Office-Based Endovascular Centers Romi Chopra 9. From Hospital Employed Model to Independence Krishna Jain
Section 3. Running a Center 10. Policies and Procedures Krishna Jain 11. Billing and Coding Sean Peter Roddy 12. Anesthesia Deepak Nair 13. Quality Control Krishna Jain 14. Management of Complications Krishna Jain 15. Radiation Safety and Ultrasound Guided Procedures Enrico Ascher and Albert Pavalonis 16. Role of IVUS in arterial and venous procedures Elizabeth Gagne 17. Management of periprocedural anticoagulation Shikha Jain 18. Patient Satisfaction Krishna Jain 19. Registry Bob Tahara and Jeff Carr 20. Marketing Elias Kassab
Section 4. Specialty Specific Center 21. Interventional Cardiologist’s Perspective Elias Kassab 22. Interventional Radiologist’s Perspective David C. Sperling
Section 5. Various Models 23. Models for Structuring Office Based Endovascular Labs Nick Jurkowitz and Krishna Jain 24. Opening a Center in a University John Blebea 25. Opening a Center in Private Practice Daniel Gorin 26. Joint Venture with Hospital Bhagwan Satiani 27. Wound Care and Vascular Center Charles E. Ananian 28. Limb Preservation Center Krishna Jain
Section 6. Types of Procedures 29. Management of Superficial Venous Disease Edward G. Mackay 30. Management of Deep Venous Diseases Jose I. Almeida 31. Management of Limb Ischemia Nagarsheth H. Khanjan 32. Management of Dialysis Access Azher Iqbal and Asad Baig 33. Intra Caval Filters and Ports Anil Hingorani and Jesse Chait 34. Other Endovascular Procedures and Embolization David C. Sperling 35. Cardiac Procedures Jeff Carr
Secion 7 Other Important Considerations 36. Certification/Accreditation Krishna Jain 37. Advocacy Jeff Carr 38. Conducting Research in the center Laura D. Bauler
Krishna M. Jain, MD,FACS, Clinical Professor of Surgery, Western Michigan University Homer Stryker School of Medicine, Kalamazoo, Michigan