Rehabilitation Research, 6th Edition
Discover how to use evidence to improve your practice! Providing thorough, contemporary coverage of the full range of rehabilitation research with a clear, easy-to-understand approach, Rehabilitation Research: Principles and Applications, 6th Edition helps you learn to analyze and apply research to practice. It examines traditional experimental designs, as well as nonexperimental and emerging approaches, including qualitative research, single-system designs, epidemiology, and outcomes research. Ideal for students and practitioners in physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech-language pathology, this user-friendly resource emphasizes evidence-based practice and your development as a true scientist-practitioner.
- Evidence-Based Practice chapter provides an overview of the important concepts of EBP and the World Health Organization model of health and disease.
- Interdisciplinary author team consisting of a PT and an SLP brings an interdisciplinary focus and a stronger emphasis on evidence-based practice.
- Discipline-specific examples are drawn from three major fields: physical therapy, occupational therapy, and communication sciences and disorders.
- Coverage of nonexperimental research includes chapters on clinical case studies and qualitative research, to help students understand a wide range of research methods and when it is most appropriate to use each type.
- Finding Research Literature chapter includes step-by-step descriptions of literature searches within different rehabilitation professions.
- UPDATED! Revised evidence-based content throughout provides students and rehabilitation practitioners with the most current information.
- UPDATED! Coverage of the latest research methods and references ensures content is current and applicable for today’s PT, OT, and SLP students.
- NEW! Analysis and Interpretation of Data from Single Subject Designs chapter.
- NEW! Content on evaluating the quality of online and open-access journals.
Catherine H. Balthazar, PhD, CCC-SLP, Interim Dean, Governors State Univeristy and Ann M. Vendrely, Ed.D., D.P.T, Vice President for Academic Affairs and Academic Dean Goshen College