Mosby's® Diagnostic and Laboratory Test Reference, 16th Edition
Ensure that students perform today’s important lab tests safely and accurately! With test entries organized for easy use, Mosby's® Diagnostic & Laboratory Test Reference makes it fast and easy to look up current testing information. Concise monographs are arranged alphabetically and include vital information such as the type of test, alternate or abbreviated test names, test explanation, normal and abnormal findings, possible critical values, contraindications, potential complications, interfering factors, and guidelines to patient care before, during, and after the test. A perennial bestseller, this handbook offers a compact size, durable cover, and A-to-Z thumb tabs for quick reference in clinicals and on the job.
- Alphabetically organized tests offer quick reference with A-to-Z thumb tabs.
- Each test entry begins on a new page, making tests easy to find.
- User’s Guide to Test Preparation and Procedures provides an overview and guidelines for each type of laboratory test and diagnostic procedure to ensure that each is performed accurately and safely, and to prevent having to repeat a test due to an error.
- Normal findings for adult, elderly, and pediatric patients are included where applicable.
- Abnormal findings are highlighted with directional arrows, and are now alphabetized for fast reference.
- Possible critical values are highlighted to alert you to situations requiring immediate intervention.
- Icons for drug-related interfering factors alert you to the effects of pharmacologic agents on tests.
- Icons for patient teaching-related care indicate information that should be shared with patients and their families.
- Abbreviations for diagnostic and laboratory tests are provided inside the back cover, and appendices list blood tests used for disease and organ panels as well as symbols and units of measurement.
- Appendix with lists of tests by body system and by type allow you to quickly locate related studies.
- Inside front cover includes pages with easy-to-find information on common reference ranges for healthy adults, routine blood testing, and routine urine testing.
- Durable cover with rounded edges makes this manual ideal for use in the practice setting.
- NEW! Thirteen new monographs cover the latest tests and procedures; 11 outdated monographs are removed.
- NEW! Updated content reflects the latest research relating to accuracy of testing, diagnostic values of results, and patient care and education for each test.
User’s guide to test preparation and procedures
Diagnostic and laboratory tests
Tests presented in alphabetical order
Appendix A: List of tests by body system
Appendix B: List of tests by type
Appendix C: Disease and organ panels
Appendix D: Symbols and units of measurement
Abbreviations for diagnostic and laboratory tests, inside back cover
Kathleen Deska Pagana, PhD, RN, Professor Emeritus,Department of Nursing, Lycoming College, Williamsport, Pennsylvania, Timothy J. Pagana, MD, FACS, Medical Director, The Kathryn Candor Lundy Breast Health Center and The SurgiCenter, Susquehanna Health System, Williamsport, Pennsylvania and Theresa Noel Pagana, MD, FAAEM, Emergency Medicine Physician, Virtua Voorhees Hospital, Voorhees, New Jersey