Health Systems Science, 2nd Edition
Most review copies are eBooks – how fast!
A review copy request is most likely to be fulfilled as an eBook on VitalSource rather than a print product, unless no eBook is available. eBooks become available in as little as a few hours. Print products will take between 7 and 10 days to arrive. To request a print copy, please contact the Evolve Support Center
or your Education Solutions Consultant
- The first comprehensive text for mastering health systems science, offering practical coverage of all of the factors in the lives of patients that influence their well-being, the structures and processes of the health system itself, societal factors, communication, and information technology.
- NEW to this edition: New content on systems thinking and ethics and legal issues further define and address this new important component of health care education; additional exercises; and expanded information on the patient experience and private practice.
- Complete coverage of patient safety, quality improvement, value in health care, teamwork, stewardship of health care resources, population health, clinical informatics, care coordination, leadership, and health care financing/reform.
- Patient improvement strategies incorporate checklists, information technology, team training, and more.
- A consistent chapter template provides clear coverage of each topic, including Learning Objectives, Chapter Outline, Core Chapter Content, Summary, Questions for Reflection, and Annotated Bibliography and References.
- Developed by the American Medical Association’s Accelerating Change in Medical Education Consortium, and authored by a team that includes AMA staff members working with individuals from the Consortium member schools.
- StudentConsult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Susan E. Skochelak, MD, MPH, Group Vice President, Medical Education, American Medical Association, Chicago, Illinois