Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner and Midwifery Certification Review Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 1st Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Prepare your students for success on the WHNP and CNM certification exams with this comprehensive review! Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner and Midwifery Certification Review provides 1,000 multiple-choice questions based on the exam blueprints, with answers and rationales at the end of each chapter. Using those 1,000 questions, students can generate an unlimited number of 150-question practice tests reflecting the type of questions found on the actual exams. Written by nursing educator JoAnn Zerwekh and contributors who are WNHPs and CNMs, this review includes test-taking tips and realistic online practice to ensure exam readiness!
- 1,000 multiple-choice questions in the book are accompanied by answers and detailed rationales for correct answers.
- Practice exams on the Evolve website are selected from the book’s questions to create a virtually unlimited number of 150-question tests, including automated grading and feedback, with each exam designed to match the length and question distribution of the actual certification exams.
- Review of WHNP (Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner) and midwifery reflects the latest evidence-based clinical practice and national treatment guidelines and protocols, with separate sections covering physical assessment and diagnostic tests, gynecology and family planning, obstetrics, primary care, and professional issues.
- Test-Taking Strategies chapter uses test examples to offer tips and techniques to improve your study habits and testing skills, increase critical thinking, and decrease anxiety.
- Primary Care chapters each follow a standard format: Disorders and Pharmacology.
- Special QSEN safety icons highlight and emphasize questions related to the graduate-level Safety competency of the Quality & Safety Education for Nurses initiative.
1. Test-Taking Strategies
• Certification Exam Information
• Testing Strategies
• Techniques to Increase Critical Thinking Skills
• Testing Skills for Paper-and-Pencil Tests
• Successful Test Taking
• Decrease Anxiety
• Study Habits
PART I: PHYSICAL ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSTIC TESTS
2. Physical Assessment
• Health History
• Physical Exam
3. Diagnostic Tests
• Gastrointestinal and Liver
PART II: GYNECOLOGY AND FAMILY PLANNING
• Anatomy and Physiology of Reproduction
• Family Planning
• Male Issues Affecting Women’s Health
PART III: OBSTETRICS
• Physiology of Pregnancy
• Antepartum Care
6. Intrapartum (Midwifery only)
• Intrapartum Care
• Postpartum Care
8. Neonatal Care (Midwifery only)
PART IV: PRIMARY CARE
9. Health Promotion and Maintenance
• Health Screening
12. Head, Eyes, Ears, Nose, and Throat (HEENT)
17. Gastrointestinal and Liver
20. Mental Health
PART V: PROFESSIONAL ISSUES
21. Professional Issues (WHNP only)
• Research and Evidence-Based Practice
• Legal and Ethical
• Patient Safety
• Issues and Trends
JoAnn Zerwekh, EdD, RN, President/CEO,Nursing Education Consultants, Inc,Chandler, Arizona