Evidence-Based Management of Complex Knee Injuries, 1st Edition
Uses a step-by-step, evidence-based approach to cover biomechanically validated surgical techniques and postoperative rehabilitation, enabling surgeons and physicians to more comprehensively treat sports medicine knee injuries.
Covers the basic anatomy and biomechanics of the knee alongside more advanced objective diagnostic approaches and easy-to-follow treatment algorithms.
Provides an easy-to-understand review of pathology with clear, concise text and high-quality illustrations.
Demonstrates the importance and function of the ligaments and meniscus with exquisite anatomical illustrations and numerous biomechanical videos.
Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Comprehensive Clinical Examination Geeslin, Andrew / John Feagin
- Imaging of the Knee Joint
- Radiographic Evaluation of the knee Joint – Brett Frisch
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Knee: Conventional and Novel Techniques – Hollis Potter
- Computed Tomography: Indications and Significance - Tim, Spalding
- Mechanical Malalignment of the Knee Joint: How and When to Address – Getgood
- Ligamentous Pathology (Anatomy, Biomechanics, Diagnosis, Treatment Algorithm, Conservative Approaches, Surgical Techniques, Outcomes, Rehabilitation, Future Directions)
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament - Freddie Fu / Musahl
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament - Chahla
- sMCL and the Posteromedial Corner - Lind
- Posterolateral Corner of the Knee - LaPrade
- Anterolateral Ligament and the Anterolateral Corner – Sonnery Cotet
- Multiligament Injuries – Moatshe / Engebretsen
- Meniscal Pathology
- Meniscus Anatomy - Spalding
- Meniscus Biomechanics - Levy
- Meniscal Tears – Meniscectomy vs Repair - Faucett
- Meniscal Root Tears - Krych
- Meniscal Radial Tears – Pujol, Nicholas
- Meniscal Ramp Lesions - DePhilippo
- Meniscus Deficiency and Meniscal Transplants - Verdonk
- Synthetic Meniscal Substitutes - Rodeo
- Cartilage and Subchondral Bone Pathology
- Articular Cartilage: Micro and Macrostructure. Biology and Clinical Implications - Latterman
Robert F. LaPrade, MD, PhD and Jorge Chahla, Assistant Professor of Orthopedic Surgery and Director of Biomechanical Research and of the International Fellowship Program, Rush University Medical Center, USA