SIMTICS Medical Assisting, 1st Edition
Simulations - SIMTICS
Elsevier has partnered with SimTutor to deliver SIMTICS Medical Assisting. These high-quality online simulations for medical assisting students bring learning to life for improved academic performance, confidence, and mastery of complex procedures. Students can access modules to learn and practice a wide range of medical assisting procedures and protocols online, anytime and anywhere. No downloads or special equipment required!
- Modules cover key topics, including infection control, professional skills, administering injections and tests, and preparing for and assisting with minor surgical procedures.
- Each module includes a demonstration video, explanatory text with illustrations, an anatomy section with 2D and 3D images, three different simulation scenarios, and a quiz.
- Simulation modules are mapped to Elsevier’s trusted medical assisting texts — Niedzwiecki: Kinn’s The Medical Assistant, Niedzwiecki: Kinn’s The Administrative Medical Assistant, Niedzwiecki: Kinn’s The Clinical Medical Assistant, and Bonewit-West: Today’s Medical Assistant.
- Videos, 3D visuals, and rich text provide you with detailed, step-by-step guidance on performing procedures.
- LMS integration makes it easy to access modules through a single sign-on.
- Automatically graded quizzes help you assess your understanding of key concepts.
Perform Capillary Puncture and Hematology Testing
Irrigate the Ear and Instill Ear Medication
Perform and Interpret an ECG
Irrigate the Eye and Instill Eye Medication
Administer Intradermal Injections
Administer Intramuscular Injections
Prepare for Minor Surgical Procedures
Administer Nebulizer Treatment and Assess Peak Flow
Pediatric Assessment (Infant)
Assist with Pap Smear
Obtain Pediatric Vital Signs
Administer Subcutaneous Injections
Perform Skin Prep for Minor Surgical Procedures
Assist with Minor Surgical Procedures
Perform Suture Removal
Obtain Swabs for Culture
Obtain Adult Vital Signs
Medical Assisting Tests
Perform Rapid Infectious Mononucleosis Test
Perform Rapid Strep Test
Perform Routine Clinical Urinalysis Test
Medical Assisting Expansion
Electronic Health Records
Disinfection and Sterilization in the Outpatient Setting 1
Disinfection and Sterilization in the Outpatient Setting 2
This product is available in the following formats: