Seidel's Physical Examination Handbook - Elsevier EBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 10th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Get a quick reference to the interviewing and physical examination techniques and procedures covered in the Seidel textbook with this handy guide! Seidel's Physical Examination Handbook: An Interprofessional Approach, 10th Edition uses step-by-step guidelines to make exam procedures easier to review and recall. Overviews of the entire health history and physical exam address the full lifespan, from infants, children, and adolescents to older adults. Written by the same interprofessional team of advanced practice nurses and physicians as Seidel's Guide to Physical Examination, chapters in the handbook correspond to the chapters in the textbook. It’s ideal for use in clinicals and in daily practice!
- Two-column Examination sections provide a quick, reliable reference to key exam steps, along with expected and unexpected findings.
- Aids to Differential Diagnosis tables summarize distinguishing characteristics of abnormalities, furnishing you with clues for identifying symptoms and diagnosing patient problems.
- Color-coded Pediatric Variations tables provide a convenient resource on differences in findings as well as developmental considerations for pediatric patients.
- Sample Documentation sections in body systems chapters promote concise yet thorough examples of patient charting for each system exam, applicable both to traditional charting and electronic health records.
- More than 200 full-color illustrations of anatomy and physiology, examination procedures, and normal and abnormal findings offer a visual reference to performing exams and to anticipated and unanticipated findings.
- NEW! Updated content throughout the book corresponds to the updated clinical content, features, and emphases of Seidel's Guide to Physical Examination, 10th Edition.
- NEW chapter on care of transgender and gender-diverse patients provides need-to-know content to help you care for the needs of this underserved patient population.
1. The History
2. Vital Signs and Pain Assessment
3. Mental Status
4. Growth and Nutrition
5. Skin, Hair, and Nails
6. Lymphatic System
7. Head and Neck
9. Ears, Nose, and Throat
10. Chest and Lungs
12. Blood Vessels
13. Breasts and Axillae
15. Female Genitalia
16. Male Genitalia
17. Anus, Rectum, and Prostate
18. Musculoskeletal System
19. Neurologic System
20. Head-to-Toe Examination: Adult
21. Age-Specific Examination: Infants, Children, and Adolescents
22. Age-Specific Examination: Special Populations and Older Adults
23. The Healthy Female Evaluation
24. Sports Participation Evaluation
Appendix A: Quick Reference to Special Histories
Appendix B: CDC and WHO Growth Charts
Jane W. Ball, RN DrPH CPNP, Chief Nursing and Content O cer,Triaj, Inc, Havre de Grace, Maryland, Joyce E. Dains, DrPH JD APRN FNP BC FNAP FAANP FAAN, Professor and Executive Director, Advanced Practice;The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center,Houston, Texas, John A. Flynn, MD, MBA, MEd, Professor of Medicine;The University of Chicago,Chicago, Illinois, Barry S. Solomon, MD, MPH, Professor of Pediatrics,Chief, Division of General Pediatrics;Assistant Dean for Medical Student A airs,The Johns Hopkins University,School of Medicine,Baltimore, Maryland and Rosalyn W. Stewart, MD, MS, MBA, Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics;The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine,Baltimore, Maryland