Health Assessment Digital Clinical Experiences - Access Card, 1st Edition
Shadow Health - Access Card
Shadow Health’s Digital Clinical Experiences™ for Health Assessment provide students with a safe, convenient, and dynamic environment to practice their physical examination, documentation, communication, and clinical reasoning skills. An innovative conversation engine enables students to become more efficient in their patient interactions while maintaining high-quality therapeutic communication and care planning. These meaningful interactions help students gain valuable experience in practical application, patient communication, and personal empathy, empowering them to improve patient outcomes and prepare to enter clinical practice. Health assessment assignments cover gathering a full health history, as well as topics for the body systems for HEENT, respiratory, cardiovascular, abdominal, musculoskeletal, neurological, skin, hair, and nails. Students also work through a comprehensive exam, the discharge of a patient, and focused exams on cough, chest pain, and abdominal pain.
- Digital Standardized Patients™ vary in age, race, socioeconomic status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and have health histories and diseases/disorders that support your mastery of nursing principles in a wide spectrum of medical situations.
- Natural language conversation engine allows you to engage in open-ended conversations with simulated patients to gather subjective data and practice patient-centered communication.
- Student Performance Index provides you and instructors with immediate, detailed feedback on six key components of clinical reasoning — subjective data collection, objective data collection, therapeutic communication, documentation, information processing, and self-reflection — to identify areas of strength and opportunities for improvement.
- Interview and Assessment activities allow you to demonstrate your clinical reasoning abilities by performing a health assessment on virtual patients to collect objective data and report your findings in the electronic health record.
- Care Plan exercises enable you to use assessment data to work through the steps of the ADPIE process and select appropriate care actions from a standard set of components.
- SBAR activities in many assignments give you the opportunity to practice interprofessional communication with the Preceptor, a physician, or other health care professionals appropriate to the simulation.
- Concept Labs dive deeper into specific body systems through rich visuals and animations that challenge you to identify normal and abnormal findings and strengthen your understanding with dynamic comprehension checks.
- Health assessment assignments cover gathering a full health history, as well as topics for the body systems for HEENT, respiratory, cardiovascular, abdominal, musculoskeletal, neurological, skin, hair, and nails. You will also work through a comprehensive exam, the discharge of a patient, and focused exams on cough, chest pain, and abdominal pain.