Addiction Psychiatric Medicine, 1st Edition
- Includes close to 300 multiple choice questions and detailed answer explanations
- Presents information on clinical concepts, etiologies of diseases, treatments, and preventive measures in a format that’s easy to remember and apply, with tables and clinical points.
- Includes commonly missed concepts on exams for addiction psychiatry and addiction medicine to help users achieve optimal sores.
- Offers quick access to high-yield content critical for success on board exams, clinical clerkships, and medical practice.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access the question bank, plus all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
1 General Principles of Substance Use Disorders
2 Comorbidities of Substance Use Disorders
3 Neurobiology of Addiction
4 Alcohol Use Disorder
5 Sedatives and Hypnotics
6 Opioid Use Disorder
7 Tobacco and Other Nicotine Products
8 Cannabis Use Disorder
9 Stimulant Use Disorder
10 Dissociative Drugs, Hallucinogens, Caffeine, Inhalants, and Other Substance of Abuse
11 Aspects of Pain
12 Drug Testing, Forensic Addictions, and Ethics
13 Psychosocial Approaches to Substance Use Disorder Management
14 Practice Tests
14 Behavioral Addictions
Héctor Colón-Rivera, MD, MRO PA U.S.A., Elie G. Aoun, MD, MRO NYU, New York U.S.A. and Leila M. Vaezazizi, MD, MRO, FAPA, Columbia University, New York, NY, U.S.A