Nursing Skills Online Version 5.0 for Clinical Nursing Skills and Techniques, 10th Edition
Help your students master clinical nursing skills with this dynamic online course! Nursing Skills Online 5.0 uses a hands-on, self-paced approach to make learning easier. Based on Perry, Potter, Ostendorf and Laplante’s bestselling text, Clinical Nursing Skills & Techniques, 10th Edition, this interactive learning system includes 19 modules organized around the five-step nursing process. Each module uses structured lessons to guide students through vital nursing skills and real-world patient scenarios. New to this version are an added emphasis on cardiac care, patient-centered care, teamwork and collaboration, and safety considerations.
- Case-based, problem-oriented format for learning activities provides you with real-life patient scenarios and lets you practice critical thinking.
- Up-to-date, evidence-based information keeps you on the cutting edge of nursing.
- Interactivity makes understanding complex concepts easier.
- Cardiac Care module covers vital skills related to cardiac monitoring.
- Patient Centered Care screens address variations in approaches to patients of varied cultures and ages during the performance of the skill.
- Safety Considerations screens address key safety issues.
- Quality Improvement exercises present critical thinking challenges, asking you to use patient care data to improve outcomes.
- Teamwork and Collaboration screens include information on delegation, as well as cooperation with other healthcare professionals who may have input in to patient welfare, such as physical therapists, nutritionists, respiratory therapists, and pharmacists.
- Self-assessment exercises allow you to test your knowledge of key concepts and include immediate feedback with correct answers and rationales.
- Lesson posttests provide an immediate score upon completion, including correct responses and rationales.
- Printable procedure guidelines enable you to study and learn anytime and anywhere.
Module 01: Vital Signs
Module 02: Specimen Collection
Module 03: Infection Control
Module 04: Safety
Module 05: Safe Medication Preparation
Module 06: Administration of Nonparenteral Medications
Module 07: Administration of Parenteral Medications: Injections
Module 08: Administration of Parenteral Medications: Intravenous Medications
Module 09: Airway Management
Module 10: Cardiac Care
Module 11: Closed Chest Drainage Systems
Module 12: Intravenous Fluid Therapy
Module 13: Maintenance of Intravenous Fluid Therapy
Module 14: Caring for Central Vascular Access Devices (CVAD)
Module 15: Blood Therapy
Module 16: Enteral Nutrition
Module 17: Urinary Catheterization
Module 18: Bowel Elimination/Ostomy Care
Module 19: Wound Care
Anne Griffin Perry, RN, MSN, EdD, FAAN, Professor Emerita,School of Nursing,Southern Illinois University,Edwardsville, Illinois, Patricia A. Potter, RN, PhD, FAAN, Director of Research,Patient Care Services,Barnes-Jewish Hospital,St. Louis, Missouri and Wendy Ostendorf, RN, MS, EdD, CNE, Professor of Nursing,Neumann University,Aston, Pennsylvania
This product is available in the following formats: