The Shoulder and Elbow, 1st Edition
- Presents real-world patients in a real-world clinical setting, making learning fun and engaging.
- The Case-Based Learning approach focuses learners and clinicians on the key elements for each diagnosis and helps develop a deep understanding of how to diagnose and treat each condition.
- Covers everyday clinical problems such as Glenohumeral and Acromioclavicular Joint Pain, Subacromial Impingement Syndrome, Bursitis, Tendinitis, Nerve Entrapment, Rotator Cuff Disease, Tennis and Golfer’s Elbow, Pronator Syndrome, and more.
- Cases unfold just the way they do in your clinic. Each case is accompanied with thoughtful clinical commentary and key messages from the author.
- Each chapter uses high-quality radiographic images, clinical photos, and full-color drawings to facilitate a clear, easy-to-understand approach to evaluation and diagnosis.
- An ideal self-assessment and review tool for pain medicine practitioners and trainees, as well as those preparing for the American Board of Anesthesiology Pain Medicine certification and recertification exam.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
1. A 58-Year-Old Male With Right Shoulder Pain 2. A 28-Year-Old Male With Left Shoulder Pain 3. A 26-Year-Old Female With Severe Left Shoulder Pain With Associated Swelling 4. A 32-Year-Old Male With Severe Right Shoulder Pain With an Associated Catching Sensation 5. A 64-Year-Old Male With Severe Right Shoulder Pain With the Gradual Onset of Loss of Range of Motion 6. A 32-Year-Old Male With Acute Left Shoulder Pain 7. A 27-Year-Old Male With Acute Right Shoulder and Scapular Pain 8. A 32-Year-Old Male With Acute Right Shoulder Pain and an Inability to Raise His Right Upper Extremity 9. A 67-Year-Old Male with Acute-Onset Right Anterior Shoulder Pain Associated With an Audible Pop 10. A 19-Year-Old Female With Deep-Aching Shoulder Pain With Associated Weakness 11. A 25-Year-Old Female With Lateral Elbow Pain 12. A 52-Year-Old Female With Medial Elbow Pain 13. A 62-Year-Old Male With Posterior Elbow Pain and Swelling 14. A 32-Year-Old Male With Pain and Electric Shocklike Sensation Radiating Into the Lateral Forearm and Ring and Little Finger 15. A 38-Year-Old Male With Severe Posterior Elbow Pain
Steven D. Waldman, MD, JD, University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine